5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Suh

Brian Suh

ehh...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

is it really worth the extra money for the vice instead of the protoge?...also what are your opinions on both
lets watch the city burn

#2 David F powns Woo Hoo Haha

David F powns Woo Hoo Haha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

brian suh u i like both... i have used both of them in A LOT of tourneys with my team and for the first question i agree. firsst post ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOO HOO HAHA

#3 DFSniper

DFSniper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

is it really worth the extra money for the vice instead of the protoge?...also what are your opinions on both

theyre pretty much the same internally. personally i think the milling on the vice is overdone and ugly.

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask. Posted Image

#4 Coconut

Coconut

"My home is in my head" -Bob Marley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

I think the Vice is worth the extra money... You get the better board, better milling(so its lighter), clamping feedneck, lighter trigger, and pillow bolt. Yes, you could upgrade all these things over time on the protege but that will cost you more in the long run. And if your looking at buying used, you could prolly find a better deal on the Vice(for the money,not saying cheaper than a used protege).
Who says paintball is meant to be a fun sport?Posted Image

I ain't going to Living Legends 3 to have a good time, I'm going there to make a fucking point of who runs that scenario game :-)

#5 D-man

D-man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

I think the Vice is worth the extra money... You get the better board, better milling(so its lighter), clamping feedneck, lighter trigger, and pillow bolt. Yes, you could upgrade all these things over time on the protege but that will cost you more in the long run. And if your looking at buying used, you could prolly find a better deal on the Vice(for the money,not saying cheaper than a used protege).

^^^ what he said

"Winners Train - Losers complain"

D-man[WarLlamas]

PbN feedback - IOG feedback - 500+ eBay feedback available upon request

#6 USMCclark89

USMCclark89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

i would say yes. for many reasons. they are lighter due to the more agressive milling, have a lil bit different ram so a lil softer and quiter shot, the tadao board and clamping feed neck. to put the feedneck, tadao board on the protege would brign you up to around the same price as a vice. My personal opinion, ive owned every type of bob long gun he has made except the victory, ive never hated any of his guns. i still own my protege(stock except the barrell) and it out shoots my etek 3 and my buddies 08 ego.
"Life hands you lemons, make lemonade."-Will Ferrell

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users