17 replies to this topic

#1 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hey Techpb community!

I'm going to get my new G3 in about 5 days and I heard a lot of rumours on their regulators. I heard that some people were blowing up their solonoids after they adjust their velocity. To fix that, I need to balance the operating pressure of the G3 at 180 psi and put my velocity at the same time to 250 fps. Since I haven't bought a gauge for it but have access to any field chronograph, how can I check the operating pressure that my gun would have when adjusting the reg?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Just do not bottom out your regulator, just leave it about one turn from all the way closed, then slowly open it to adjust to desired FPS, you shouldn't have any issues that way.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#3 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

So turn the screw 1 full turn counter-clockwise? Oh and another quick question, to disconnect the macroline, you just need to pull it out right?

#4 kooky47

kooky47

No, Id win, look it up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

So turn the screw 1 full turn counter-clockwise? Oh and another quick question, to disconnect the macroline, you just need to pull it out right?

It'll say which way to turn it in the manual and i would suggest you wait till your at a chronograph to start adjusting your velocity.

You pull back on the little metal collar on the macroline elbow then pull out the macroline.

There only reason why there are complaints on the regulator are because a lot of people crush the reg seat on the piston. If you do happen to crush your G3 reg seat or you just wanna be prepared, Dangerous Power sells a new reg seat on thier website for $5 + S/H.

MY Sexy Ocean Rev-i, For Sale CHEAP

Maximum Paintball

Store Field

#5 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

sorry for the noobish question but what is the reg seat?

#6 WTF Mate

WTF Mate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

Thx for putting up this post I was real worried because I wanted to get a G3 but I heard to reg would always fail.

But now I'll just get it and be carefull ^^

Yay go TechPB!!!!
Shoot to thrill??? I don't think so.

if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#7 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

The stock macro fittings on the G3 are very hard to take out the macroline.
Screw the HPR adjustment screw in very slowly and smoothly, then when there is any resistance stop, do not go any farther. Then at the field air it up and slowly unscrew the HPR until you reach your desired FPS.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#8 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Doing the 1 full turn counter clockwise before adjusting the velocity to get the 180 psi operating pressure right? And no one has told me what the reg seat is yet. Can someone explain to me what is it please. Thx.

#9 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

No, its so you don't damage the reg seat, it does not shoot your desired FPS at 180 psi, its around there, you adjust your HPR to what you want.

The reg seat is what the adjustment screw/reg internals sits on-in a simple way.

#10 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

So to not damage your seat reg, you need to not tightly close the adjustment screw at the bottom of your reg, and the turns are to adjust the psi and velocity. right?

#11 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Yes
clockwise(in) is less
counterclockwise(out) is more

#12 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

Thank you very much Yoda and kooky47 for the very useful information you have given to me and the techpb community.

#13 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

Your welcome.

#14 kooky47

kooky47

No, Id win, look it up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

No problem, always willing to help out B)

MY Sexy Ocean Rev-i, For Sale CHEAP

Maximum Paintball

Store Field

#15 C1iffBurton

C1iffBurton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

bringing this back up...how many turns are you suppose to get out of the screw, i can get maybe a turn or turn and a half out of the screw each way till it either bottoms out or until it hits that little metal ring that you put in to i guess hold the adjustment screw in place from completely falling out

did i do something wrong? i rebuilt the shim stack just like in the manual, also how do you know if you have a bad solenoid? i was getting a small leak then the more i shot the more it would leak, but was still shooting good. Next time i aired it up it stopped working, no air leaking from solenoid area, just a very tiny beep and thats it

thanks for the help G3 gawds

#16 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

bringing this back up...how many turns are you suppose to get out of the screw, i can get maybe a turn or turn and a half out of the screw each way till it either bottoms out or until it hits that little metal ring that you put in to i guess hold the adjustment screw in place from completely falling out

did i do something wrong? i rebuilt the shim stack just like in the manual, also how do you know if you have a bad solenoid? i was getting a small leak then the more i shot the more it would leak, but was still shooting good. Next time i aired it up it stopped working, no air leaking from solenoid area, just a very tiny beep and thats it

thanks for the help G3 gawds

Screw turns around 1 to 1.5 turns. Basically, you should stop as soon as turning resistance increases.

A bad solenoid may leak out of the vent holes on the side. Open the grip frame, and carefully air it up to check for that leak. Relubing the solenoid orings might help (I highly doubt it at this point), but you'll probably need to replace those tiny orings, which can be a pain. Before you even try all that, I'd check the bolt and internal orings first (and probably replace those anyways).
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

#17 C1iffBurton

C1iffBurton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

well i got DP on the phone to ask them some questions

as i'm on the phone i turn the gun on and eyes off and pull the trigger and i get a click along with the beep, so im thinking okay thats wierd. I turn the air on to it and pull the trigger and it cycles a few times and then i stop and start again it fires 1 time then it sounds like either bolt sticking or like the solenoid is sticking

i've pulled the solenoid out and lubed the orings outside the housing as well as the orings inside on the piston
is this the sign of it failing?

whats next step? get another solenoid and try it out?

#18 C1iffBurton

C1iffBurton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

I went ahead and got a dp parts kit for the g3 along with a cp v2 dust black regulator and got the little pressure messuring device to go along with it since several people i know have dangerous power g3s and g4s...put the new solenoid in, changed the orings on the bolt relubed installed and put the PMD on and then installed the CP regulator, chrono'd in just fine and shot good as could be

guess i will just try to rebuild that solenoid that wasnt working

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users