danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

heres my original post at the militia:
http://www.paintball...11351#post11351

Well, folks, it is getting to be that time again. Winter has started to recede, and as the snow and ice melts, spring has started to rear its head. The sun has been out in much more force than the past few months, the skies are blue, and the weather is nice.

Our first game of the spring is going to be Saturday, April 3rd. Time is around 11am, we play till we get tired. We are going to be running things a little differently this year. The biggest change is that we are going to have games every other saturday. Yes, thats twice a month, so if you miss the game on April 3rd, the next one is the 17th! We will have the games regularly scheduled for the 1st and 3rd saturday of every month, so you can come out whenever you like!

We are also going to run a much tighter operation up here. As you all know, in the past, it has been a little more "relaxed" when it came to rules. We definitely had rules, and a good set of them, too. However, it strongly relied on the honor system. After noticing some people not observing all of the rules, we are going to make one major change for the safety of everyone, the comfort of the newer players, and for repeat players in general. While we had the chronograph at every game last year, we just went on everyone's word on whether or not they were chrony'd in. Well this year I have volunteered to run the chrono station, and if I do not personally see you chrono in at 300fps or less, you cannot step onto the field. 290 is OK, 299 is OK, 300 is OK, 301 is NOT. There will be no exceptions.

This is a pain for some people, I know. But it will be beneficial.

1) Newbies will have a better time. It will hurt less.

2) No unfair advantages.

3) Safety- this is the number 1 concern for our sport. Masks are only designed to take a 300fps hit, no more.

Now it is not like we have had rampant cheating or anything. Actually, to the contrary, on the whole, the players in LA are very honorable and honest. This change stems from me and others noticing (at LA and other fields) someone forgetting to chrono in, or someone unintentionally shooting hot. In LA, it is rare for someone to cheat, but people can forget. So just to make sure, everyone is going to have to chrono in front of me (or whoever may be running the chrono in my place) before they are allowed to play.

All of that aside, I have high hopes for this season. I think with the more frequent, predictable games, and better organization, we will have more players on a regular basis. I hope lots of you come out and have fun, because things are going to be a little different this year.

For more information, or directions to the field, send me a PM.

Hope to see a lot of you guys on the 3rd!

Edited by danath 34, 22 March 2010 - 01:43 PM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#2 Doubl3A

Doubl3A

#1 Avatar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

Where is this?
Posted Image

#3 WADE WILSON 171

WADE WILSON 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:54 AM

yea where are you playing at cause im might take a drive to go play with you guys. im pretty new to the sport.
my feedback
my gamertag: WADE WILSON 171

#4 jmoutlaw

jmoutlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Where is this?

They play up in the mountains around Los Alamos, NM.

Danath are any of your guys going to come down this way for Black Cat at the beginning of May?
ADVERSITY, Bitch!!
Sponsored by HedzUp.

#5 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

sorry about the delay guys. I forgot to check back in here, and it dissapeared to the 3rd or 4th page in my posts, so it completely slipped my mind.

Where is this?

yea where are you playing at cause im might take a drive to go play with you guys. im pretty new to the sport.

Like jmoutlaw said, we play in the mountains around Los Alamos, New Mexico. Basically you can take the road up to the ski hill. When you take the left at the fork to actually start driving up the ski hill, it will level out a bit and you will see a few dirt turn-offs on the left. The one you need there is a sign or two right next to the entrance, and then there is a dirt trail, and you go maybe an 8th of a mile to get to where we park. We have quite a lot of playing space, and I am hoping to have 30 or so people at this game. If you decide to come up, shoot me a pm and I will give you my cell number so I can guide you here.

Where is this?

They play up in the mountains around Los Alamos, NM.

Danath are any of your guys going to come down this way for Black Cat at the beginning of May?

I have REALLY been wanting to go. I wanted to go last year, but couldnt. I am not sure about everyone else, but I am definitely going to try to make it out there. I will likely throw my gear in a backpack and drive my 'busa down haha.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users