• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bkblitzed

Bkblitzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

well my 07 solenoid is broken and i want to replace it but DAM these things are expensive lol anyone know where i can find a cheap 1?
Posted Image

#2 unrealworld1000

unrealworld1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

Call Dye/Proto they will sometimes give you a deal on parts or even give you a free part from time to time. They stand by their products and have excellent customer service. Also First.

Edited by unrealworld1000, 24 March 2010 - 12:04 AM.

[url="http://www.cphq.ca/"]Check out this epic canadian PB store
For all your pump needs.
[/url]

#3 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

How do you know the solenoid is broken?

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#4 unrealworld1000

unrealworld1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

besides that the cheapest price I could find was $99.
[url="http://www.cphq.ca/"]Check out this epic canadian PB store
For all your pump needs.
[/url]

#5 Bkblitzed

Bkblitzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

How do you know the solenoid is broken?

when i turn on my gun i dont hear a click noise, i changed the battery to a new one, still no click and when i gas it nothing happens even though there is no leak, and also i kno air is flowing through my gun cus my reg is not turned all the way
Posted Image

#6 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

ahhh bummer. Are you sure the microswitch/trigger works?

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#7 lennytheleopard

lennytheleopard

SPYDER OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

solenoid here

100 buckaroooooos.

#8 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

You're sure that the board and other electronic components are working properly?

You can buy one of these and just use the coil as a replacement. They are interchangeable. I might have spare coils, but I'll need to check my box. Let me know if you have any interest in selling the solenoid/parts.

#9 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

You're sure that the board and other electronic components are working properly?

You can buy one of these and just use the coil as a replacement. They are interchangeable. I might have spare coils, but I'll need to check my box. Let me know if you have any interest in selling the solenoid/parts.

I looked at that Humphrey HEB but I'm not entirely certain the pilot valve is configured the same was the the HEB in the PMR (so that's why I didn't suggest it.)

It doesn't help that ASP's 101w conversion page leads nowhere :P

Posted Image

#10 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

I looked at that Humphrey HEB but I'm not entirely certain the pilot valve is configured the same was the the HEB in the PMR (so that's why I didn't suggest it.)

It doesn't help that ASP's 101w conversion page leads nowhere :P

The HEB and HEA series all have interchangeable coils. ZDSPB has a good overview of Humphrey solenoids.

Edited by Christopher, 25 March 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#11 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

The HEB and HEA series all have interchangeable coils. ZDSPB has a good overview of Humphrey solenoids.

Now THAT is a very useful link.

The next valve that was developed is the Humphrey HEA and HEB series, which are identical except the A is 4-way and B is 3-way. Of a few valves that are used in the industry, the "F" and "A" in HEA10F5-GL and HEA10A5-GL changes the method for mounting the solenoid, either manifold base-mount or threaded ports respectively. This means the solenoids are identical except for the method by which they attach to the pressurized components in the marker.

Posted Image

#12 Bkblitzed

Bkblitzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

lol you two lost me. But yes my tirigger does work, and the micro switch is hitting the noid. So should i try and replace the wires or should i just go with the new noid?
Posted Image

#13 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

lol you two lost me. But yes my tirigger does work, and the micro switch is hitting the noid. So should i try and replace the wires or should i just go with the new noid?

Before you replace the solenoid, I would try connecting the wire leads directly to a 9v battery. That way you can be 100% sure there is something wrong with the solenoid and not some kind of connection or board problem. If it doesn't work, then it's not like you are any worse off. If it does work, then re-solding the solenoid leads is not as big a deal compared to buying a new solenoid. It sounds like it probably is your solenoid, but since we're talking about a $50-$100 replacement part, it's probably worth it to check.

#14 Bkblitzed

Bkblitzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Before you replace the solenoid, I would try connecting the wire leads directly to a 9v battery. That way you can be 100% sure there is something wrong with the solenoid and not some kind of connection or board problem. If it doesn't work, then it's not like you are any worse off. If it does work, then re-solding the solenoid leads is not as big a deal compared to buying a new solenoid. It sounds like it probably is your solenoid, but since we're talking about a $50-$100 replacement part, it's probably worth it to check.

hmm i guess its worth a shot, ill do this once i get home. Also if i send my gun into proto do you think they will replace it?
Posted Image

#15 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

hmm i guess its worth a shot, ill do this once i get home. Also if i send my gun into proto do you think they will replace it?

Possibly if it's under warranty. If you are going to try and go that route, do it before you do anything to the gun or solenoid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users