• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:24 AM

Ok going to D-Day in oklahoma....and I am tired of my SLG, tired of sending it in that is...DAMN YOU PROTO!!! So I was wondering if this would be something worth getting? Would it be great in the woods? Is the Bang worth the buck? Anyone else going to D-Day?

#2 RomanG

RomanG

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

This marker is "bang for your buck." Great Marker all around, you will not be dissapointed if you get this marker and would be a great upgrade from the slg. It works phenomenal in the woods as well.

#3 kace922

kace922

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

I would totally go for it. Have you considered the LT. its the same gun just composite. Its lighter and just as durable. Only reason to get the AM is if you want to upgrade to an LCD screen later on. Either way they are great guns.

#4 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

yeah I love mine. had it for a month now. but mines an LT. i would recommend that if you're on the fence to go with the lt for 475$ register the warranty and after the warranty is up get the upgrade kit for 135$ and you have an AM for an extra 15$ with a spare gripframe, eyecovers, and feedneck.

BTW: the LT is just as strong as the AM.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#5 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

yes this gun is 100% bang for your buck although i would get the Etek 3 LT as the only up for AM is the LCD board but guess what give ti a year or 2 and there will be a board from virtue or tado for it
Posted Image

#6 OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Thanks everyone hahaha I will get the LT and just upgrade later. Yeah as long as its worth it....tired of being burned by these guns....and I don't want to spend 1k on a gun....I am too cheap that would hurt my soul hahahaha

#7 Tim the enchanter

Tim the enchanter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Ok going to D-Day in oklahoma....and I am tired of my SLG, tired of sending it in that is...DAMN YOU PROTO!!! So I was wondering if this would be something worth getting? Would it be great in the woods? Is the Bang worth the buck? Anyone else going to D-Day?

this gun is a great all rounder, its fairly light weight (note: the LT is lighter) shoots good. good board stock (am is upgradable to OLED) and its reasonable priced too. I had the money I would probably get it
timmy's own because they share my name...

#8 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

unless ur gonna be getting a LCD scren for it then its not worth it. if ur not getting a LCD screen for it then go with the LT its nicer cause the plastic(which is not plastic) parts hav designs on them and it looks pretty nice.

#9 OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I have decided to go with the LT, and upgrade later if I decide I want the LCD screen....which is extremely doubtful I just want functionality not cosmetics, now if they release a better board with a LCD screen maybe hahaha but until then I'll stick with everyone here and go LT all the way...Thanks Again Everyone, Once again TechPB is the place to go for anything related to paintball....Got to love this community

#10 E-RT Brh

E-RT Brh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

Ye i ordered mine from amazon last wednesday. planning on woodsballin on Saturday and my gun hasnt come yet. 22-25 is what expected delivery was so i will be pissed if i dont get to use on Saturday.
Ninja 50/4500
Camo Proto Pro Axis
Proto 09 Jersey and Tippman Battle Pants
Pinokio
Etek 3 LT

#11 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

I'd look for a used vice or DM at the same price. Don't get me wrong, the etek 3 is a great gun. But I think you can get a lot more for your dollar if you go used.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#12 OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

DM is not an option, not a big fan of dye/proto products....after my last experience I don't think I would go back....Where can I find a used Vice for less than 700?

#13 USMCclark89

USMCclark89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Is very good gun. but if you plan on spending money on the AM model, i would look into the bob long protege, since you play woods ball, the protege will have a much quieter shot than the etek. i dry fired my protege and etek 3 with the stock shaft barrel, protege easily shoots at least 50 percent quieter than my etek. But its all personal preferance on what you want. Both great guns
"Life hands you lemons, make lemonade."-Will Ferrell

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users