• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MFCT

MFCT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

I've been slowly building up an SP-1 for air efficiency with a blackheart board and TechT L7 v.2 bolt. Currently, I barely get over 1200 shots from a new Ninja 90/4500 tank at 280fps. I have three generic barrels I currently play with (stock, ion stock and a 14" SP Progressive, which all appear to be above .691 to .693) and I know that the balls I've been using (currently Core Action) just fall through them are hurting me a bit on efficiency as well.

So, I'm looking to get a bit more involved in bore matching after watching the TechT videos on their system.

I'm torn between the iFit and the Freak system. The iFit would let me use the Ion stock barrel (which I do like the look of), but per the videos, a longer bore system would provide better efficiency, which the Freak system appears to have a few inches over the iFit system.

So, opinions and experience is greatly appreciated. Which would seem to offer the best efficiency for my goals here? Thanks!

#2 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

Check the punkworks section, before you spend any money, especially with regards to paint/bore matching. Remember the point of the iFit videos is to sell them.

#3 Cody_21

Cody_21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

I didnt read anything but you title & to answer that no i dont think they do the techt's look alot shorter than the freaks do. so they arent compatible.

R.I.P. All American Paintball Park

Rock her with the SH((O))CKER!!!!

Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex

IIPA ThunderII

#4 D-man

D-man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

Choose which ever kit you like 'cause neither are going to blow you away with increased air efficiency. You'll see a little increase over the large bores you're currently using, but will probably benefit more from the more consistant shot and accurancy you'll get. You have a SP-1 - not an Ego/Vice/Viking.

Good Luck!

"Winners Train - Losers complain"

D-man[WarLlamas]

PbN feedback - IOG feedback - 500+ eBay feedback available upon request

#5 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

As said before, I would check PW to see if they have anything about the iFit's short lenght affecting anything. If the short lenght works the same as a typical 6-7" underbore, then I would probably get the iFit because of how small paint is. I just bought a .679 CP back, and in some cases it was barely an underbore, and in others it was a paint/barrel match Posted Image

Also, try to get an idea of the size of paint available to you. It might be larger where you live, making the Freak the better choice.

Edited by erg993, 24 March 2010 - 04:25 PM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#6 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

Id use both!
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#7 psycho91

psycho91

Crazy White Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

just get a .685 CP and call it a day

Every man dies, But not every man really lives

95% of teens would cry if they saw the whole twilight cast standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5% who would sit there eating popcorn saying "DO A FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your sig

#8 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

x2. Or a 2 piece with a .679 back if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket.

#9 MFCT

MFCT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

x2. Or a 2 piece with a .679 back if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Picked up an Evil Pipe 2 piece kit with a .685 back for less than $20 bones to play with in the mean time. Hope it provides some positive results!

#10 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Pipes are excellent barrels. You won't be disappointed with them.

Don't tell me that all barrels that are clean and yada yada are the same I've heard it like a thousand times. Pipes are still really good barrels.

#11 Dehemotox

Dehemotox

I had to skin the cat for curiosity.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

i been using a freak for quite a while now. cant really confirm or deny air efficiency increase, but i do notice it being much more consistent.
http://boneyardpaintball.com/
- Bob Long Marq Victory Owner -

#12 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

go with the freak. You will definitely get better efficiency out of it. The iFit videos are complete bullshit, and there are test results in the PW forum to back that claim up. The only thing the iFit video shows that a longer barrel is typically more efficient than a shorter one (this is only true up to a certain point, BTW, and I believe that point is 16"). Longer control bore is going to be more efficient, and that is what the freak has.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users