• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TIP203

TIP203

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

I want to start playing some pump paintball so i picked up a trilogy ,and a ans gear pump kit would it be ok to run this with c02?Should i put a reg on it if so what kind?

Ion Owners Group

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

co2, is never the best thing for a gun, but it will work just fine. But i would recommend that you use a HPA tank because they tend to be more consistent.

#3 giruc

giruc

NW BALLER!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

co2 will work i recomend compressed air
  • SEATTLE THUNDER DIVISIONAL

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,105 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

cockers work fine on co2.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

cockers work fine on co2.

because cockerpunk says so. lol

#6 Nick A

Nick A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

I have a Trilogy Autococker I've used with Co2 before and I didn't have any problems.

#7 Fender

Fender

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

If you're going to run a pump cocker, I'd recommend HPA regardless. Unless you are going to go ahead and get a co2 changer and run 12-grams, you should get an HPA tank. Higher capacity, won't freeze up your gun, and best of all, you've got that trusty gauge. Running out of air in the middle of a game truly sucks.

#8 pbgunner93

pbgunner93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

You can use either, but i would try to get hpa with it. If you dont have one yet i would recommend getting a nice CF tank they are always a good investment
Team "Nuclear Dinosauer Commandos"
Thanks for helping us get a team name, pm me if you wish to join this team
LilBill78: "do all electric hopper use batterys?"

#9 pandemic3

pandemic3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

you can use CO2 however you would definately need to look into an anti siphon...

basically what an anti siphon will do is prevent liquid CO2 from entering your gun and damaging your internal hosing and o-rings what will happen is because you shoot fast the CO2's temperature will dramatically fluctuate and will basically make your o-rings snap and crack because of this constant temperature change

you will also need a decent regulator to provide consistancy in terms of velocity because chronoing a cocker on warm CO2 is a lot different than doing it with cold CO2 and you will experiance dramatic velocity spike due to high and low pressure outputs as CO2 is not regulated

i have used both HPA and CO2 on my trilogy and i found that when using the CO2 i had to constantly adjust my IVG (velocity adjuster) [ due to the fact that Co2 will basically have an output pressure anywhere from 600 - 1300 psi (pounds per square inch)

imo hpa ftw simply because it will be a better investment and will help you avoid future problems with your cocker
COC #3

Connor: The rule of thumb here is...
Rosengurtie: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Well, can't do much damage with that then, can we? Should have been a rule of wrist.

#10 paintballfreak36

paintballfreak36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

you cand find at some pump stores a 13 cubic inch 3000 psi tank like this one Posted Image

#11 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

CO2 is fine. Unless you've got the e-grip or are shooting case after case you're not going to freeze up. Which trilogy do you have?

#12 rader12

rader12

Unknown Killers NorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

CO2 is all good but HPA turns out to be alot cheeper in the long run, plus it works on all guns unlike CO2.
RENDITION VICE
U
nknown Killers

midway paintball CPS paintball
If you were to walk on water, would it be slippery?

#13 TIP203

TIP203

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

Trilogy sport it has a gas thru grip,i was thinking about a reg but not sure which one to get,i have an 88/4500 cf tank i use with my other marker with my remote,but that tank is to awkard and big to run on the back of my pump,i had a 20 ounce co 2 laying around but i guess i will just get a 47/3000,would that last fairly long on a pump?So far the gun and pump kit were a reasonable price,i am just trying to find a cheap barrel kit on ebay.

Ion Owners Group

#14 mikeb

mikeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

because cockerpunk says so. lol

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

This is my Marker. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Marker is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Marker, without me, is useless. Without my Marker, I am useless.I must fire my Marker true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to hit me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will.

Posted Image

#15 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

I used co2 on a trilogy pro for a little bit with no visible damage. change to HPA if you are going to get high rates of fire (with a worr frame etc.)
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#16 pb4evr

pb4evr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

my friend uses c02 on his its fine
Rusty Glaze fan #1 GLENN TAKEMOTO FAN #2 Gno Benedicto FAN #2 Brian "LB"Fow FAN #2
LA Infamous Fan #3

#17 THX Elite

THX Elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:31 AM

hmmm...this is making me want to make a pump...I wonder if I should pick up a trilogy pro, sf, comp.....one of em' anyways...hahaha

-the scope on my SP1 costs as much as a Trilly Pro lol...thats what makes it sound so tempting, is the "affordability" aspect.
are you for, frickin' real,.....man......?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users