• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mcpber16

Mcpber16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Ok, i am looking for a new barrel for my proto slg. The stock barrel is a .690 bore and I was thinking of getting a cp barrel, i have one for my old tippy and i love it. I have two questions thought. I am kinda cheap so i dont know which to get, a two piece or a 1 peice. 1 pieces are cheaper but are they as good as a two piece? I plan on using this barrel for future guns i get. The second is what bore size should i use? I do not have a way to measure the bore size, but using the stock barrel for the slg (which is .690) i can guess that the paint that i usually use is around a .689 or smaller. Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 azpb18

azpb18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

get a 1 piece. It shoots just fine. but i heard the 2 piece is quieter. .689 should be fine but you might want to get a .685 as well just in case you start shooting really small paint.

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

I would get a two piece, their easier to clean and you can change the backs for different bore sizes.
If you were to get one bore size get the .688 barrell. Great barrell and works
Practically every paint.

#4 giruc

giruc

NW BALLER!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

..693 best bore size
  • SEATTLE THUNDER DIVISIONAL

#5 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

A 1-piece costs $30, and the 2-piece costs $60. They shoot the same and have the same porting.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a Marine.

#6 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

A 1-piece costs $30, and the 2-piece costs $60. They shoot the same and have the same porting.

yep...go with the one piece. for $60 you've got two barrels (.689 & .693) vs one 2 piece that's gonna cost you the same, plus $30 per back.
the cp 2 piece has an ever so slight seem where the halves screw in which causes more barrel breaks than the one piece (yes, i've owned one)...
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#7 fenderplayer007

fenderplayer007

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

yeah either is fine but if u get 2 piece u can get a stiffi tip for it
Christian Baller, USA Baller, Paintball vs Idiots member, Speedball Mafia mid player,Techpb Night Owl, Redz Owners Club Founder

if ur parents pay for all ur gear and ur under 18 put this in ur sig

#8 Foster0215

Foster0215

No way!?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

Id go with the 2 piece 682 back or smallest size bore for the one piece.
Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?
GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

#9 Woodsballer117

Woodsballer117

Xtreme Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

A 1piece is just fine. In my opinion though if your going to serously underbore like a .679 bore then go 2 piece since a 1 piece has a control bore through the whole barrel. I would only go twopiece for that reason. If youtr not going to underbore dramatically then a 1 piece is totally fine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users