11 replies to this topic

#1 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

I know the Quest can take both LP and HP. I've always used HP on my two previous Quests and the one I have now. I've been thinking of adjusting my Ninja reg to LP.

Have any of you ever used LP on your Quest?

Are there any problems that you encountered when running LP compared to HP?

Besides adjusting the LPR and Velocity accordingly did you notice any other adjustments that needed to be made when running the Quest on LP?

Anything else you noticed......for instance do you find yourself having to lube more when running HP then LP....if that's dumb question...there's a reason why I'm not part of the Punkworks team...:D
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#2 eatafetus

eatafetus

Juice Boxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

yes and no.

Everyone all over keeps saying that lp is only for angels and its useless in paintball. This is incorrect. LP is just another option for you.

The reason that no one like it is because of recharge rates. a LP tank puts out about 450 psi. The quest has an input pressure of around 220 PSI. The rule of thumb is always try to have your tank output pressure at LEAST 200 psi above with your marker requires. This way, even if your tank reg starts to lose some juice through a rapid fire sequence, it should have enough energy to keep the gun firing without drop off.

Unfortunately, I find that even with my ninja reg (which is supposed to be crazy high-flow), I need to keep my tank closer to 650 (mid range) to avoid drop off.

To completely avoid this problem, most people will tell you to use HP, so even if your tank drops in output pressure by 60%, it still can effectively feed the gun air. I like to think that 650 is a little less rough on my in line reg though, but maybe that just me being crazy.
Yes, I'm on the nation too. Cant we all just get along?

#3 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

Oh good, the voices are back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

I use low pressure on my quest and it works great with no problems such as inconsistency.

Go change it and see if you like it. It works great for me

#4 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

I also do. Well, my Ninja's outputting at about 520psi, and I can shoot 12bps without any drop off. It's worth a shot if you have an adjustable reg.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#5 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

okay i just got my quest in and when i aired it up with me hp tank it went ffffffwhop then was fine aand shot tits
but when i tried my lp set ninja it started leaking like a mofo down the barrel why is this

#6 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

You need to turn up the pressure on the HPR a bit. Regulators work mainly off of pressure ratios, so when the input pressure going into a regulator drops dramatically, the output pressure does also. You go from 800+psi on an HP tank to about 400-500psi on an LP tank. You should adjust accordingly.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#7 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

so its only the hp reg not the lpr

oh and how do i adjust a cp shorty regnever used one and it came on the gun also

please jion the fep owners group in the members clubs im trying toget one of the gorundthx

#8 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

welcome to the family...post pics of your marker up on the picture thread...I believe CP regs use an allen key at the side to adjust them...

....I haven't switched to LP yet as I've had no time to go to the field and all three of my tanks are filled at the moment so I gotta let the air out...but thanks everyone for their comments I'm definitely going to try it out

#9 paintballer685

paintballer685

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

I just bought a quest that had came with a ans gear I belive blackout tank not sure though but its set to lp and so far it shoots great. I dont know anything about adjusting it to take lp or go back to hp casue it was lp when i got it.
Biohazard Scenario Paintball Team

#10 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

I just bought a quest that had came with a ans gear I belive blackout tank not sure though but its set to lp and so far it shoots great. I dont know anything about adjusting it to take lp or go back to hp casue it was lp when i got it.

I believe ANS has a video on how to adjust it on their website and on youtube.

#11 paintballer685

paintballer685

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

thanks Il check that out later.
Biohazard Scenario Paintball Team

#12 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

BTW I haven't adjusted my Ninja tank to run between 450-600 psi yet. I've been busy that I haven't played in over a month already! Hopefully I'll get to play soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users