34 replies to this topic

#1 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

I just saw mike's new updated video about bore size, so I figured that I might as well buy a CP 1-piece.

I shoot pretty decent paint (dimple every once in a while, and a slight seam), and I am shooting a .693

Should I go for the .685 or .689?
Anarchy, disarray this is the world today
Justice is a lie for the followers to get by
No peace, only guns, can't trust anyone
Live or die it's an eye for an eye

#2 unrealworld1000

unrealworld1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

I would go with the .685 . But because paint is always changing I would get a barrel kit (I found one on here for $50) or a bore sizing kit. First post!

Edited by unrealworld1000, 04 April 2010 - 05:19 PM.

[url="http://www.cphq.ca/"]Check out this epic canadian PB store
For all your pump needs.
[/url]

#3 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I would go with the .685 . But because paint is always changing I would get a barrel kit (I found one on here for $50) or a bore sizing kit. First post!

I don't feel like spending the $$$ for a barrel kit.

I already have a .693 which will work for ALL paint, so I just want a .685 or .689 to get my shots more accurate.

ok, so you suggest .685 - Thanks

#4 unrealworld1000

unrealworld1000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

I don't feel like spending the $$ for a barrel kit.

I already have a .693 which will work for ALL paint, so I just want a .685 or .689 to get my shots more accurate.

Well a new CP barrel is $30 + shipping but if you look around you can find a barrel kit for $50-$70 used.
[url="http://www.cphq.ca/"]Check out this epic canadian PB store
For all your pump needs.
[/url]

#5 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

I don't feel like spending the $$ for a barrel kit.

Well a new CP barrel is $30 + shipping but if you look around you can find a barrel kit for $50-$70 used.

yeah, I see what your saying, but I am also buying a proto pro axis mask off ansgear, and some other stuff, so It will be free shipping

I just want to know what would be better in general, a .685 or .689

Edited by 13Dhex, 04 April 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#6 overtone83

overtone83

I like me some UK basketball UK2K

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

#7 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

2 votes for .685

#8 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

.685 is better. If you wanted to you could get the lurker .678 barrel and it would be way better.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#9 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

.685 is better. If you wanted to you could get the lurker .678 barrel and it would be way better.

uber leet, what do you think the average bore size is for lower grade paint? - because i really have NO idea

#10 Hobkinz

Hobkinz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Find out what paint sizes you use, to do this simply call your local paintball shop and ask. Our shop measures each of big batches them get in.

If you find out the paint you use is .684 - .685 then getting the CP .685 barrel would be a bad choice as you will get a bad consistancy for your shots. Some balls will be getting a tight seal in your barrel and some will be a little smaller that won't get a good seal in your barrel causing them to shoot a little different then the ones that did seal.

Paint varies from area to area so it's best to call your shop to see what sizes you are getting. We've been receiving marballizers that size in near .688 for as long as I can remember, but yet on the east coast I hear people saying their marbs are near .683

Edited by Hobkinz, 04 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#11 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Find out what paint sizes you use, to do this simply call your local paintball shop and ask. Our shop measures each of big batches them get in.

If you find out the paint you use is .684 - .685 then getting the CP .685 barrel would be a bad choice as you will get a bad consistancy for your shots. Some balls will be getting a tight seal in your barrel and some will be a little smaller that won't get a good seal in your barrel causing them to shoot a little different then the ones that did seal.

Paint varies from area to area so it's best to call your shop to see what sizes you are getting. We've been receiving marballizers that size in near .688 for as long as I can remember, but yet on the east coast I hear people saying their marbs are near .683

I just buy cheap paint from dicks sporting goods, and someone told me that cheap paint is like .679

#12 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

In my opinion, the smaller bore size the better. Paintball making companies are making smaller and smaller paintballs everyday. (That was an exaggeration.) So, I would get the .685 bore size.

#13 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

Ok, thanks...everybody has been saying go for the .685, so that is what i am going to do.

#14 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Have fun with your new barrel. CP barrels are sexy. :lol:

#15 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

All the paint is small on the east coast. Marbs are .688 in arizona because its like a constant 120 degrees
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#16 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

yeah, i am ordering it from ansgear along with a proto axis pro mask and some fogdoc.

But those 3 things are only $85 total, and shipping is $13, so if i put a $15 dollar item in my cart I will get free shipping!!!

Now the question is, what do I need that is $15?????? oh, this is gonna be a hard one :huh: maybe my brother needs something

Edited by 13Dhex, 05 April 2010 - 10:39 AM.

#17 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

yeah, i am ordering it from ansgear along with a proto axis pro mask and some fogdoc.

But those 3 things are only $85 total, and shipping is $13, so if i put a $15 dollar item in my cart I will get free shipping!!!

Now the question is, what do I need that is $15?????? oh, this is gonna be a hard one :huh: maybe my brother needs something

Get some lube you don't have any. Important.

#18 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Naa - already got that

I could buy a shit ton of o-rings :lol:

#19 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

Naa - already got that

Yea, spin them around your finger if you are bored :lol: lol. Anyways, got to go sleep since I didn't sleep all night.

#20 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Naa - already got that

Yea, spin them around your finger if you are bored :lol: lol. Anyways, got to go sleep since I didn't sleep all night.

haha...sleeping is usually a good choice

#21 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

OK...now I am really confused.

the video(posted yesterday) shows that a larger bore is more accurate?????

Or is it that .685 would still be overboring because lower grade paint is getting smaller.

In the video he is using Marballizer (.686-.688 at the equator is what he measured), and his groupings were the tightest with a .700

Your guys' thoughts on this?

Edited by 13Dhex, 05 April 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#22 Dr.war

Dr.war

the agg-king

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

i use a .685 and love it
set up= olive mini/invert too/ cf ss 68/45
PSN= i_pink_socked_u

#23 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

I just buy cheap paint from dicks sporting goods, and someone told me that cheap paint is like .679

OK...

1) According to punkworks testing, all barrels are going to be the same as far as accuracy goes. The two biggest factors in accuracy are going to be the quality of the paint you use, and how clean your gun is. Buy good, high quality paint (yeah it costs more, but it is worth it) and keep your gun immaculately clean, and dont over-lube it, and you will shoot ball-on-ball. Underboring will give you good consistency (like an overbore does) and good efficiency.

2) Yeah, the JT/Brass Eagle paint is really small. I have had it consistently roll out of my Lurker Eigenbarrel which is a .678.

3) I would size the paints in your area, either by calipers, or talking to the local proshop as mentioned above, and if it is .685 or under, I would suggest the Lurker Eigenbarrel. I think it is the cheapest way to underbore below .685 (assuming you dont have a barrel kit to buy a new back for). It is only 40 bucks, and it a damn good barrel. Smooth as glass on the inside (though mine does have some honing lines... I cant feel or see any effect from them, but they are there). It also has a lot of porting so it is rather quiet, too.

*edit*

OK...now I am really confused.

the video(posted yesterday) shows that a larger bore is more accurate?????

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Or is it that .685 would still be overboring because lower grade paint is getting smaller.

In the video he is using Marballizer (.686-.688 at the equator is what he measured), and his groupings were the tightest with a .700

Your guys' thoughts on this?

I am not sure about this video.

1) He did not re-chrono after changing barrels. There was about a 30fps difference between the first and last sets. This would affect accuracy by itself.
2) He didnt show what source of propellant he was using. For all we know, it could be straight co2 with no syphon/antisyphon/regulation.
3) He used a gravity fed hopper, and kept shaking it to get it to feed. Yes, the marker is clamped, but it could also affect accuracy.
4) I am not sure how he is getting the measurements on the shot spreads. If you pause the video when he puts the circle he used to measure the shot spread, and actually count based on his 2" graph system, it doesnt quite match up to what he said it is. Also, he seems to be inconsistent with drawing the circle. Sometimes he draws it completely around the marks, sometimes he draws it through the outer marks. Also, according to punkworks testing, and their methods, I dont think measuring it based on a circle is the best way. The shots tend to be oval-shaped, not circular. Punkworks uses vectors for this reason, I believe.

Edited by danath 34, 05 April 2010 - 05:24 PM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#24 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

OK...

1) According to punkworks testing, all barrels are going to be the same as far as accuracy goes. The two biggest factors in accuracy are going to be the quality of the paint you use, and how clean your gun is. Buy good, high quality paint (yeah it costs more, but it is worth it) and keep your gun immaculately clean, and dont over-lube it, and you will shoot ball-on-ball. Underboring will give you good consistency (like an overbore does) and good efficiency.

2) Yeah, the JT/Brass Eagle paint is really small. I have had it consistently roll out of my Lurker Eigenbarrel which is a .678.

3) I would size the paints in your area, either by calipers, or talking to the local proshop as mentioned above, and if it is .685 or under, I would suggest the Lurker Eigenbarrel. I think it is the cheapest way to underbore below .685 (assuming you dont have a barrel kit to buy a new back for). It is only 40 bucks, and it a damn good barrel. Smooth as glass on the inside (though mine does have some honing lines... I cant feel or see any effect from them, but they are there). It also has a lot of porting so it is rather quiet, too.

I use draxxus x-ball scenario

and it looks like the eigenbarrel only comes autococker threaded

Edited by 13Dhex, 05 April 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#25 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

OK...

sorry, didnt read all of the posts in the thread, so not sure what marker you are using. Maybe you could email Lurker and see if they could make one in whatever thread you are using? They might be able to, its worth a shot.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#26 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

OK...

sorry, didnt read all of the posts in the thread, so not sure what marker you are using. Maybe you could email Lurker and see if they could make one in whatever thread you are using? They might be able to, its worth a shot.

yeah. i really appreciate the advice, but I am going to be ordering some other stuff from ans, so i am just gonna pick up a .685 CP, and hopefully it will be more accurate than my .693 smart parts tactical.

Edited by 13Dhex, 05 April 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#27 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

yeah. i really appreciate the advice, but I am going to be ordering some other stuff from ans, so i am just gonna pick up a .685 CP, and hopefully it will be more accurate than my .693 smart parts tactical.

If you are buying it for accuracy, save your money. It will be no more accurate. Instead, spend the money on higher quality paint. That is the biggest factor in accuracy.

If you are buying it for efficiency, by all means, it will be great for that.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#28 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

If you are buying it for accuracy, save your money. It will be no more accurate. Instead, spend the money on higher quality paint. That is the biggest factor in accuracy.

If you are buying it for efficiency, by all means, it will be great for that.

ok, thanks for the advice

#29 Notoc

Notoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

I use .689 just because it fits most paint and is accurate IMO
Posted Image
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#30 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

#31 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

haha quoted and sig'd... :lol:
My Feedback

Posted Image

#32 FLA5H

FLA5H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Paint just seems to be getting smaller by the batch. Best go with the .685

#33 stupiddogg

stupiddogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

685 cp's and fogdoc :D

#34 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Smaller is better. Why not get even smaller?

#35 13Dhex

13Dhex

Chainsaw Gutsfuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

685 cp's and fogdoc :D

Yeah, I was told that fogdoc is a must, and it is a really good price

Smaller is better. Why not get even smaller?

.685 is the smallest bore for the cp 1-piece barrels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users