6 replies to this topic

#1 Nategotskillz

Nategotskillz

Playing Since 05'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

I didn't want to have to drop $20 to buy a ghost ring for my phantom, so I made one myself. I made two ghost rings. The first I made was from PVC Piping. I liked it, but then I saw another idea was to make it from a 12 gram. Therefore I tried both. Here's my tutorial on how to make one.

Remember to use Saftey Glasses and Earplugs if needed.

Posted Image

12 Gram Ghost Ring

To make a 12 gram ghost ring, you need a 12 gram. You want to dremel or grind away the top and bottom of the 12 gram so that you are left with the main tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After that, clean out the tube from debris with a screw driver.

Posted Image

Then you want to cut down the middle with a hack saw or a dremel.

Posted Image

After this, you want to cut it 0.3 to 0.4 inches at the bottom. Make sure it fits onto the phantom and its nice and snug.

*Optional* You can polish the 12 gram off with a wire brush.

Posted Image

Then you drill a hole through the center on the front or the back and take a nail/screw and tap or screw it into the hole. Super glue it if needed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PVC Piping Ghost Ring

To make a Ghost Ring from PVC Piping, you need to get some PVC Pipe. I used 3/4" piping for mine.

Posted Image

I cut it down to size using a hack saw.

Posted Image

Then you want use a dremel or an angle grinder to make a slit for the ghost ring. You could use a hack saw or some other type of saw for this. Whatever works. You want to cut it about 0.3 to 0.4 inches. After that, you want to slim down the edges of the ghost ring to fit on the phantom. This will make a tighter fit and secure it onto the rail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After you have done this, check to make sure it fits onto the phantom. If it doesn't fit, try again to make it fit. Remember, measure twice, cut once.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After you know it fits, trim up the front and the back to make it look nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then drill a hole for a nail or screw.

Posted Image

Then tap the nail or screw the screw into the hole you just made. Then adjust the nail/screw to your preference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then cut off the excess nail/screw.

Posted Image

Super glue the nail/screw to the Ghost Ring.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After it's dry, you can spray paint it. I didn't have black, so I spray painted mine white.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DONE! (Ghost ring is not spray painted in these pics)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nategotskillz, 08 April 2010 - 10:27 PM.

#2 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

very cool 12 gram one... i'm not a fan of anything PVC... but it's cheap easy and effective... which i am a fan of so nice work man!

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#3 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

I made mine out of PVC and used the fiber optic legos as the sight part. I dont care for them though its faster aim without it.

#4 nickydp33

nickydp33

Still a nursing student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

i prefer the look of the real ghost ring, just so you guys know that u dont look through the ring you look both eyes open at your target and the ring should "ghost" the target. once you get used to it, its the only way to go.
Posted Image
Feedback

Sheridan KP2 and splatmaster for sale. http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=119951

PGP for sale. http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=120504

#5 Nategotskillz

Nategotskillz

Playing Since 05'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

very cool 12 gram one... i'm not a fan of anything PVC... but it's cheap easy and effective... which i am a fan of so nice work man!

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't care too much for the PVC one after I used my 12 gram ghost ring.

i prefer the look of the real ghost ring, just so you guys know that u dont look through the ring you look both eyes open at your target and the ring should "ghost" the target. once you get used to it, its the only way to go.

Of course, I like the look of the real ghost ring as well, but this was a cheap and easy way to make one to try and see if I liked ghost rings. I'm really liking them. This is the perfect way to try it out at home if you have never used one.

#6 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

just so you guys know that u don't look through the ring you look both eyes open at your target and the ring should "ghost" the target. once you get used to it, its the only way to go.

Uhhh i tried this and it leaves me off aim, becuase the gun is not in your chest, it's off center, so if it's shouldered on my right side I'm missing to the right, and if it's shouldered on my left I'm missing left as well...

I close the eye opposite of the side the gun is shouldered on and it's dead on accurate, and it's not like a scope that you can't used because your lenses, it's like an iron site

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#7 The Count

The Count

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

just so you guys know that u don't look through the ring you look both eyes open at your target and the ring should "ghost" the target. once you get used to it, its the only way to go.

Uhhh i tried this and it leaves me off aim, becuase the gun is not in your chest, it's off center, so if it's shouldered on my right side I'm missing to the right, and if it's shouldered on my left I'm missing left as well...

I close the eye opposite of the side the gun is shouldered on and it's dead on accurate, and it's not like a scope that you can't used because your lenses, it's like an iron site

He's correct about Ghost Rings. If you have one on a shotgun its exactly the same. Dunno what you're doing wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users