36 replies to this topic

#1 DAVID(GEN)

DAVID(GEN)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

On Season 1 Episode 1 of Glee at about 30min in there is a scene where football players shoot another play on their team for being a part of Glee club.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I just think that it is terrible for Fox to put a scene that has a negative view on paintball in to one of their shows that is obviously seen by the public. As if we don't have enough problems.

Edited by DAVID(GEN), 22 May 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#2 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

Dude, honestly, I see shit like that all the time on TV. Half the time it just shows people being shot by paintball guns out on the street or whatever (like you see above), and the rest of the time it'll have people playing but taking it WAAAAYYYY too seriously.

Posted Image

(I just noticed something strange. See above how they're only wearing goggles? Compare that with below, where they're wearing full masks. Huh.)

Posted Image

Anyways, the point is that you're never going to see paintball portrayed in a serious, authentic light on TV. Hell, even that Time Warp episode fucked it up, and they were supposed to be scientific about it. If they botch it, so will everyone else.

In case you haven't seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiurnJJUDg

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#3 jderrill

jderrill

sexy member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

I already hated glee so....

and they wont ever wear mask because they hide facial expressions, and expressions are a huge part of acting and portraying emotion.

Monocle smile
Posted Image

#4 Nategotskillz

Nategotskillz

Playing Since 05'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

That time warp video really made paintball look bad. Same with glee.

#5 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Fuck Glee.

And what the fuck does "Glee" mean? What a stupid fucking name. Give the show a proper name, like "We suck at vocal music" or "That-motherfucking-vocal-whoring-show"

Dammit!

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#6 robgoesoff

robgoesoff

Shooting Flames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Fuck glee

Fuck time warp

time warp made paintball look bad with people falling and screaming in pain while being shot and taking off your mask on the field. Watching that kidna pissed me off

5b39jq.jpg
JT Team Pants and New Empire Contact jersey for sale!!!

http://www.techpb.co...e/#entry3288706

#7 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Dude, honestly, I see shit like that all the time on TV. Half the time it just shows people being shot by paintball guns out on the street or whatever (like you see above), and the rest of the time it'll have people playing but taking it WAAAAYYYY too seriously.

Posted Image

(I just noticed something strange. See above how they're only wearing goggles? Compare that with below, where they're wearing full masks. Huh.)

Posted Image

Anyways, the point is that you're never going to see paintball portrayed in a serious, authentic light on TV. Hell, even that Time Warp episode fucked it up, and they were supposed to be scientific about it. If they botch it, so will everyone else.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiurnJJUDg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mxiurnJJUDg[/url]

That last video was brutal... 320 fps? Sounds either like overkill or misinformation...

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#8 robgoesoff

robgoesoff

Shooting Flames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

wow, look at the chick closest to the left, her loader is on backwards Posted Image

5b39jq.jpg

#9 Mariki

Mariki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiurnJJUDg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mxiurnJJUDg[/url]

WTF, they were at 320 FPS when they did the slow motion against her leg.
And I don't believe that equals to 280 MPH...
Posted Image

#10 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Fuck Glee.

And what the fuck does "Glee" mean? What a stupid fucking name. Give the show a proper name, like "We suck at vocal music" or "That-motherfucking-vocal-whoring-show"

Dammit!

Wow, dude, what did Glee ever do to you? Was your audition rejected or something? Sheesh.

wow, look at the chick closest to the left, her loader is on backwards Posted Image

You laugh, but I've seen people play like that. :rolleyes:

Edit:

280 mph = 411 fps

320 fps = 218 mph

Edited by PrometheanFlame, 18 April 2010 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image

#11 that_ion_owner

that_ion_owner

I don't know you. I don't like you.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

time warp made paintball look bad with people falling and screaming in pain while being shot and taking off your mask on the field. Watching that kidna pissed me off

this.
TIME WARP! FUCK YOU.

Posted Image

what about boxer breafs? Its like boxers but a little tighter so ur wang dont go bang bang in ur pants lol

#12 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

Fuck Glee.

Dammit!

Wow, dude, what did Glee ever do to you? Was your audition rejected or something? Sheesh.

Its like 90% of all other american tv-series, total uninteresting in every single way, its like watching paint dry.

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#13 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

Its like 90% of all other american tv-series, total uninteresting in every single way, its like watching paint dry.

Sooo...stop watching American TV. How about some clips of Norwegian television?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoPyQYUE4iA&feature=related

Posted Image

#14 MK3K4V

MK3K4V

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

HOLY crap, thats my local field. this video must have been done a long time ago considering taking off their masks/and the equipment they are using

DP g3,Halo too w/ rip drive,Pure Energy 68/45
Posted Image

#15 robgoesoff

robgoesoff

Shooting Flames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

you must be a Glee followerPosted Image

5b39jq.jpg

#16 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Sooo...stop watching American TV. How about some clips of Norwegian television?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoPyQYUE4iA&feature=related

im not even gonna watch that video just cause i already know your right

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#17 darksideshooters

darksideshooters

Oldman Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

Videos like these are very bad for our sport but not near as damaging as the dumb asses the do drive bys with paintball markers.
Posted Image
BST Feedback +3/-0

#18 arjuns

arjuns

^made by the great People4Paintball^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

i loled after i saw the really sciency guy had a phantom, reminded me of gordon :P, atleast the time warp people had masks, and u cud see the chubby guys barrel cover. but the stats they said were over rated.
If your travelling at the speed of light in a car, when you turn your headlights on,
will they do anything?

ETEK1 owner, NFL Fan, HS Baller

#19 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:39 AM

So did anyone else notice in that time warp video where the chick falls down screaming and the guy walks up like "are you ok" then she throws something at him... he freaking points the gun back at her and shoots 2-3 times point blank even though she had no mask!!!
WTF?!

and they were shooting way hot, too! Though aparently it hurt so damn bad, but the chick didnt even flinch when she took a shot to the bare inner thigh from like 10 feet away. Yeah it hurts real bad! Posted Image

those guys are jackasees and pussies. I know 5 year olds that play paintball and never complain about it hurting.

And the field owners/refs really suck. People taking off their masks on field? People shooting hot? People shooting at other people POINT BLANK with NO MASK ON?!

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#20 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

Posted Image

you must be a Glee followerPosted Image

gleek sir...and i am...the point of glee using paintball in that fashion is for douchey popular kids shooting geeky kids in the glee club...yes it looks bad but by the same token they have the same douchey kids throw slurpees in their faces every other week...

just because the douchey popular kids had the paintball guns shootin at the geeks doesnt mean its strictly associating it with paintball...they same kids shooting also play football in the series...so as bad as paintball is made to look so is football and every other sport they are associated with...the writers of glee are not picking out paintball...

and glee is not a new show...its in the second season...and in comparison the time warp video was much more fucked up almost strictly for the reason of him shootin her while she flipped her mask off...

also figured that this was somewhere in MA seeing how he was rockin a hurricanes jersey and the other guy was rockin a boston somethin jersey...( i think red legion)

poor exposure for paintball would be if one of the characters strictly attacked paintball...not just an abuse of it...

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#21 ShadowXAvro

ShadowXAvro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

has anyone ever gotten a concussion from a paintball, not counting monster balls of course?
Youtube: ShadowXAvro
XBL: PIEMAN111

#22 Seymour

Seymour

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Nope, TimeWarp had terrible researchers for their statistics. Not to mention, they were with Femme Fatale... I havent heard anything about them in several years, and in my opinion they are all into paintball just for sex appeal and to whore themselves out for attention. All of them are poor representations and its just giving the sport a bad rep.

#23 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

how is this a negative view. its a joke on a show....its to make you laugh not think poorly on paintball. i guerentee no one who doesnt paintball and watched that did not say "wow paintball sucks it hurts people" it probably went soemthing more like this "hahahaha". seriously this isnt negative on paintball at all.....would you rather have him get shot with a real gun? maybe an airsoft gun?.....people need to stop worrying about this negative view on tv cuz tv shows dont give a shit about putting paintball down.....

#24 fallenwings28

fallenwings28

K&OJ = Bliss.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

LOL I love glee.
Canadianballersclub.

#25 HPBbear

HPBbear

The 'Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

I think that many paintballs from that close wouldn't leave that boy (if I can call him that) standing.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by HPBbear. Darn Tootin'.
"Guests eat first... Even if you don't know who the hell they are." ~ Roland Schmidt

#26 Rorako

Rorako

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

All shows give a negative interpretation against paintball. The public vies shooting fake guns as bad, and guess what? The media feeds on that. Surprising, right?

I'd love to see time warp do a video about baseball bats. Because, y'know, people actually die from getting beaten to death by baseball bats, not being shot by paintballs. Why attack a sport like Baseball, though?

#27 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

I'd love to see time warp do a video about baseball bats. Because, y'know, people actually die from getting beaten to death by baseball bats, not being shot by paintballs. Why attack a sport like Baseball, though?

I've said the exact same thing many times. How come they don't sell the public foam or rubber bats so that we can't hurt ourselves or others? It's fucking absurd.

Posted Image

#28 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

I've said the exact same thing many times. How come they don't sell the public foam or rubber bats so that we can't hurt ourselves or others? It's fucking absurd.

Posted Image

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#29 pb boy 98

pb boy 98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

omg! quote,"thats faster than a level 5 hurricane so even with protective face gear, youll feel it" unquote... what a load of crap! its at 1:54

Edited by pb boy 98, 23 April 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#30 pbdude1017

pbdude1017

The Sponge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

time warp even left some glass on the field from the lightbulbs they shot. not cool.
Posted Image

#31 TampaBrock

TampaBrock

Still in Tampa, Still playing ball

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

The Big-Bang theory is awesome. (That's the pics where they have the blue paint all over them).

The closest thing i've seen to a realistic paintball portrayal was the movie Failure to Launch. You know someone was close to paintball in the direction of that movie... couldn't find a clip on youtube tho.
Check out my Website | my Twitter @tampabrock | my APPA info

#32 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Q&hl=en_US&fs=1

EDIT
Anybody wanna remind me how to embed videos... Posted Image

Edited by erg993, 25 April 2010 - 01:36 PM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#33 alex5947

alex5947

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Q&hl=en_US&fs=1

EDIT
Anybody wanna remind me how to embed videos... Posted Image

link doesnt work for me
Bob Long g6r Dust black/Gloss red, Empire Prophecy, GA 68/45 with ninja reg
feedback +9/0/0http://www.techpb.co...47&fromsearch=1

#34 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Use the second link.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#35 The Count

The Count

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

how is this a negative view. its a joke on a show....its to make you laugh not think poorly on paintball. i guerentee no one who doesnt paintball and watched that did not say "wow paintball sucks it hurts people" it probably went soemthing more like this "hahahaha". seriously this isnt negative on paintball at all.....would you rather have him get shot with a real gun? maybe an airsoft gun?.....people need to stop worrying about this negative view on tv cuz tv shows dont give a shit about putting paintball down.....

You're wrong. I'm sure people took away exactly what these shows portray.

#36 pinkyy

pinkyy

I'm slightly alive...

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

That last video was brutal... 320 fps? Sounds either like overkill or misinformation...

WTF if you watch like the last 30 seconds where the chick fakes being hurt, she trys to hit the guy with a head band and he shoots her.. And shes not even wearing a mask wtf it seems close to the face.. like wow that is so fucked up.
To those brave men and women who fought for their lives, who fought to save our lives. We stand at attention in honor of our fallen ones.

Lest We Forget those who fought so hard, never be forgotten. Never take anything for granted, always remember always respect.. ♥

Citrus Connection Scenario Paintball. Me, Crazy Dancing Pink Pant, Crazy Eyed Canadian..

#37 CommanderGir

CommanderGir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

also have you guys seen the episode of "my name is earl" where he helps this kid out and he's shooting earl and a paintball hits him right between the eyes while earl isnt wearing any type of mask!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users