13 replies to this topic

#1 Woodsballer117

Woodsballer117

Xtreme Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Its basically a tIppmann Pro-Lite with a vertical ASA attached. So you can run two tanks on it at once. My friend has one and its so sweet!

Attached Files

#2 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

i loved the tippman carbines too!

#3 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

whats the point in running two tanks at once?? And does that mean you HAVE to have something in that vertical asa? What if you only want to run one tank?
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#4 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

It look's cool and give's you more air. Remember when this came out fill stations weren't to common, and the guns were gas hogs. Just ask anyoe who ran a vm-68
Posted Image

#5 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

First gun I played with. Had a blast although it wouldn't get past 200 on the chrony :P
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#6 c37md

c37md

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Just got done rebuilding my old Prolite, had it for 10 years....it can't quite compete with todays guns, but gotta say, its a tough gun, accurate with the 16in barrel and is very reliable. I agree with Cavemag, this reminds me of the old setup on the VM68's years ago, you could run a mini tank up front and a normal tank off the back...guns back then weren't quite as efficient with CO2...

#7 Woodsballer117

Woodsballer117

Xtreme Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

whats the point in running two tanks at once?? And does that mean you HAVE to have something in that vertical asa? What if you only want to run one tank?

You don't have to run both tanks. It just an something cool they put on the gun. If you only run one tank then theres a plug that screws into the ASA you're not using. I think it was a really cool idea, but most people only have one tank so it just gets down to having it in the back ASA or in the front one to play tighter. The only real point to running two tanks is you can have more air with you, but thats also that much more wieght your carrying with you.

#8 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

The real point in the dual tanking was the same reason they made a vert-ASA on the Automags and called them "Minimags". The vert tank took the length down and let you play tighter.

Many people just ran the bottomline to the vert ASA anyway, making the "Mini" portion of it moot.

However the Mini-Lite was designed with 2 airlines. You could run either vert or backbottle provided you plugged the other ASA. It came with a plug, but you can easily make one with a remote-line CA adapter and replacing the male-nipple with a set-screw...

The Mini-Lites are semi-rare, but I'm still looking for a Factory FA.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#9 Woodsballer117

Woodsballer117

Xtreme Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

The real point in the dual tanking was the same reason they made a vert-ASA on the Automags and called them "Minimags". The vert tank took the length down and let you play tighter.

Many people just ran the bottomline to the vert ASA anyway, making the "Mini" portion of it moot.

However the Mini-Lite was designed with 2 airlines. You could run either vert or backbottle provided you plugged the other ASA. It came with a plug, but you can easily make one with a remote-line CA adapter and replacing the male-nipple with a set-screw...

Something thats really cool is that my friend that owns one of these Mini-Lites also owns a Mini-Mag! Which is really sweet! Something about that Mini-Mag is for how small it is its really heavy.

#10 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

Something thats really cool is that my friend that owns one of these Mini-Lites also owns a Mini-Mag! Which is really sweet! Something about that Mini-Mag is for how small it is its really heavy.

Well, all stainless guns are going to be pretty heavy...

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#11 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Two tanks is for women.
Real men run with at least 3.
Posted Image
http://www.vm68.com/.../customvms.html

Here's another gun with a similar feature, an ICD Alleycat. Most of the ICD "cat" series of blowbacks had multiple tank fittings.
On this one you can see the plug installed in the vertical ASA, so it's currently configured for backbottle.
Posted Image

Another reason for running dual tanks was that it was a form of liquid control. The vertical tank was often a little 3.5oz tank and acted as a foregrip and a reservoir for liquid CO2. When the gun was shot rapidly and the gas began to condense, gravity would allow the liquid to drain into the mini-tank, letting the gun continue to shoot properly. This wasn't terribly common but you saw it sometimes on custom autocockers and mini-lites. It didn't work as well with Automags because its valve wasn't located directly under the tank like on a cocker or Tippmann.

Edited by The Inflicted, 07 May 2010 - 12:54 AM.

#12 fallenwings28

fallenwings28

K&OJ = Bliss.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

wow 335$ is such a rip off

Pretty sure that was about 10ish years back .
Canadianballersclub.

#13 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Lol, you know this was awhile ago, right?

#14 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

I agree. The Mini-Lite was always inexplicably overpriced.
I'm looking at an NPS catalogue from 1997 here and the normal Pro-Lite is $220 and the Mini-Lite is $270.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users