100 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

I've always talked about how much I weighed at one time in my life, but there is very few pics of me at that weight. Mostly because I was working 80+ hours a week instead of being photographed.

Bottom line is I graduated college at about 200 pounds, had a job where I worked nonstop from 8am to midnight, monday through saturday. Eatings TONS of shit food, drinking practically every night, italian food, chinese food, it was a 18 months bender where I went from 200 to over 320 pounds. I don't know my exact "peak weight" because the scale I had stopped at 320.

After doing some thinking, I must have been a couple more pounds heavier because it took a few weeks AFTER I started my diet for the scale to pick up my weight. I was so happy when it finally read 315 pounds LOL

Anyways, I went back to eating normally and after about a year or two, the weight all came off. I lost about 5 pounds a month average, just eating normally and lite exercise.

I wanted to post this pic here because I want to tell people who are struggling to get their weight down, that I understand what they are going through. I'll be doing a show on weight loss and weight management here in the future, but I wanted to post this pic as inspiration to those who are struggling. You can lose the weight, it'll happen when you're sick and tired of being heavy, and put your foot down to control what you eat.

In this pic, I was a 44 waist. When I put my foot down, I was a 48 waist in STRETCH pants. Luckily I had those love handles to hang on to, or I would have dumped Jenn right off the back of the bike LOL

Hope this helps

me at around 330 pounds

Posted Image

pushing 340

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is me today, as of 03/16/2013

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 abusive pepper

abusive pepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

first, and damn. thats a great accomplishment mike
upped 09 slg
Posted Image

#3 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

wow. I'll be looking forward to that show Mike. I'm 5'9" and 185. A little slimmin needs to be done for me. Pop and pizza are the only 2 things I think I really need to cut out of my diet. Everything else is not so bad.

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#4 JTjunkie89

JTjunkie89

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

at the beginning of this year my family started a biggest loser kinda thing, with money and everything, but i weighed in at 328 lbs and it hit me, its time to change and i happy to say today that i am now down to 300 lbs and it just changes the way you feel...so much more energy just makes you feel better about yourself, i even order smaller jeans yesterday, so crazy.
If paintball were a drug would you fill your viens with it everyday?
PMR Owners Group

#5 AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

Aww, isn't that cute... But its WRONGGGG!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Wow aren't you like 6' 6'' or something? You must have been gigantic. It's really impressive to see someone loose all that weight so quickly. I've always heard that weight loss is 85% diet and 15% exercise and I guess you're living proof.
Beast mode [ON] OFF IIIIIIIIIIIIIII Fast, Cheap, Good. Pick two.

Posted Image

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

Wow aren't you like 6' 6'' or something? You must have been gigantic. It's really impressive to see someone loose all that weight so quickly. I've always heard that weight loss is 85% diet and 15% exercise and I guess you're living proof.

I certainly agree with this, that's actually a REALLY good saying right there

working out does you absolutely no good, if you don't know how to control what you eat. Shit, one peanut butter cup takes 30 minutes of walking to burn off, and 30 seconds of chewing to swallow.

A 2 hour workout can be crushed in a 2 minute snacking slip-up.

#7 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

that is awsome.

Man though, I have the opposite issue, Im trying to gain weight, and its not happening no matter what i eat!! lol
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#8 dirtbeast937

dirtbeast937

You know you want me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I dont know if i believe that 85/15 stuff. My dad eats an absolute shit ton of junk food, drinks a ton of iced tea, pop whatever. Some of the worst diets i've ever seen. He's 5'9" and has a six pack still. But his job requires a lot of physical activity. He owns a tree service. He is also the climber. So i think excersise must have a much bigger effect than 15%. He has to be eating atleast 6000 calories a day. So...

night owls: member #1

Etek 3 lt, prophecy, crossfire 45/45

#9 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

^^Just has really high metabolism. My uncle is the same.

Why didn't I get his genes?... :(

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#10 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

phat mike with pretty girl on motercycle makes me lol

Nice accomplishment mike, i personally have never gained weight, i could eat shit food for weeks and not gain a pound. Thats just the way my body works, i don't eat shit food all the time because it makes me feel bad inside.

So i stick to my other every day intense work outs, and eating semi healthy :)

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#11 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

Oh good, the voices are back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Damn, you were a big guy. Thats a great accomplishment that you could slim down that much. Its amazing actually.

Im 6'2 250 lbs right now. But im trying to bulk and get muscle mass so Im looking to gain. College football here I come! (hopefully) Posted Image

#12 C-Rod

C-Rod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

I'm in the process of losing weight and its happened quiet quickly for me, from going from 315ish to now about 280, the diet thing isn't that hard, but i do find myself slippin up every once in awhile. But i go to the gym for about 3 hours every other day or so. I just need to refine my diet a bit more to increase the weight loss.

I encourage anyone to lose weight, you get a boost of energy and a great confidence boost. Some of my friends call me cocky and im still 280 with more weight to lose :) , working out gives me that "IM A BEAST" mentality that i love.

#13 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Yep, not to brag myself up but I went from 250 - 180 in about a year. Like Mike it was just "I'm tired of being this big", so I got serious about a decent diet of the right amount of calories and some light exercise. It really is 85% diet there... you can eat 3000 calories in a sitting and you can take one bite of candy at 200-300 calories. 300 calories is 30 minutes of a light jog on a treadmill for many people! 1 bite for 30 minutes of work. Sure you can workout ALL DAY LONG (like some people at their jobs) to burn that many calories, but it's SOOO Much easier to just not eat the food in the first place.

It can be done, it doesn't matter how big you are. I'm not saying I think Richard Simmons is a great way to lose weight... but I saw some special where they mentioned some woman who was 600 pound and couldn't walk. She followed his program and for his aerobics all she could do was sit and clap her hands to the beat! But for as big as she was THAT was a workout and had her breathing hard and by that and eating right she started losing weight. Last I heard that 600 pound woman was 180! The body can do amazing things if you help it with diet and exercise!
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#14 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

don't underestimate a "active" job vs an unactive job.

Jenn eats about 50% more than I do, yet she weighs 130 pounds, I weigh 210 pounds. I eat about 1800 calories per day, she eats over 3000

How is this possible? She's a kindergarten teacher, runs around all day long, she burns ALOT more calories than I do being at home doing TechPB shit

If you have an active job you'll burn hella-more calories than someone sitting in a cube farm.

Compare one of those crab fishermen to someone doing data entry. Data Entry you may burn 300 calories in 8 hours of work. Crab Fishing? Shit 15,000+ calories in a day's work

You have to be EXTREMELY careful about giving advice sometimes, because the person taking it could be someone who is glued to a computer screen for 8 hours a day typing, while you're someone in construction or some other high activity job.

Apples to oranges

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

something else, this "eat 8 small meals per day" or whatever is also shitty advice to someone who doesn't know how to eat properly. A small meal for me when I was 320 pounds was 1000 calories. Even if I cut that back to what I would consider being "super small" at 500 calories, 8 of those meals per day is 4000 calories, ouch!

3 sensible meals per day, 1 or 2 healthy small snacks, weight comes off

plain oatmeal with raisins in the morning, sandwich or salad for lunch, grill meat with veggies for dinner. Add an apple or some other healthy snack like nuts or something during the afternoon, drink lots of water, weigh comes right off

nothing hard here, just gotta stop eating like an idiot, stop eating junk food, stop eating shit just to eat, and start watching the stuff you are putting in your mouth.

Once you get the eating under control, add some light excercise (AFTER you get the eating under control, not before) and you'll drop weight pretty quick

#16 Frosty Kibbles

Frosty Kibbles

Unknown Unknown's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

Good advice mike!

I always do this and have to get it undercontrol, it's like that lays commercial you just can't have one, and when in front of the t.v. at night i just zone out and eat, plus i won't even burn that off because im sleeping. plus i drink alot of my calories. any way that you could think of me replacing these bad habits with better things? oh and it is kinda hard to bring a snack to class because most of my teachers do not allow an apple into class or whatever that food item may be.
Posted Image
Credit to Logendary- Sigs by Logendary

#17 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Mike, that looks shopped. :P

I kid.

If I didn't have such a high metabolism, I'd prolly weigh well over 200 lbs. But since I do, I weigh what? 125 at 6'1?
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#18 soldierr94

soldierr94

bizzle dizzles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

your heads the same Posted Image
(Insert something funny/amusing here)

#19 Beavfan94

Beavfan94

California Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

I bet that motorcycle enjoys the change as well :lol:

#20 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

Does drinking alcohol put weight on you? Not beer, I mean hard shit, like tequila and vodka?
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Go ahead and put a big FIRST as a reply to someones question.
Posted Image
Modder's Guild- Where custom is customary.

#21 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Does drinking alcohol put weight on you? Not beer, I mean hard shit, like tequila and vodka?

I read somewhere that drinking lots of alcohol leads to getting more stomach fat. Hence the term "beer gut". Posted Image

#22 Beavfan94

Beavfan94

California Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

I read somewhere that drinking lots of alcohol leads to getting more stomach fat. Hence the term "beer gut". Posted Image

I think that has to do with more of the calories in a can of beer.

Havent you seen those things where drinking wine was healthier than beer

#23 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

You still have that busa? Thats a damn nice bike.

Congrats on loosing the weight mike, I would have never guessed you were a heavier guy at one time.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#24 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Now if only I could convince my father to do something similar.. Hes 450 at 6'6.. <_<

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#25 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Now if only I could convince my father to do something similar.. Hes 450 at 6'6.. Posted Image

Posted Image thats a big guy. Was he ever a bouncer at a night club at one point in life? lol jk

I think that has to do with more of the calories in a can of beer.

Havent you seen those things where drinking wine was healthier than beer

I was reading on a body building website that if you are trying to lose stomach fat then stay away from alcohol because the fat that gets taken in from alcohol ( or whatever technical explanation it was ) gets stored in the stomach

#26 paintballjla

paintballjla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

I dont know if i believe that 85/15 stuff. My dad eats an absolute shit ton of junk food, drinks a ton of iced tea, pop whatever. Some of the worst diets i've ever seen. He's 5'9" and has a six pack still. But his job requires a lot of physical activity. He owns a tree service. He is also the climber. So i think excersise must have a much bigger effect than 15%. He has to be eating atleast 6000 calories a day. So...

just to let you know ided tea has not nutritional value, unless you add sugar assuming that you dont make really sweet tea its still better for you then most other drinks sodas, gateraid( bad for you unless you are sweating and using all the stuff that is meant to replenish you body during sports).

and another great thing to help with portion control is putting you "snacks" in pre packaged bags because even if what you are eating is healthy if you eat like 5 serving of it because that what you are used to i know i have lost 15 ponds so far i was a 250 at 5'8" and used to eat everything.

#27 blitzthenoob

blitzthenoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

right now im trying to get back in shape so i can preform better in paintball and hopefully drop a weight class in wrestling (fingers crossed) i used to be an athletic genus i could back flip do the splits and run a 7 min mile now ive attempted to do a back flip fell on my neck couldn't sleep right for a week im not going to risk the splits and for my mile its about 11 mins ugh i got this way because of junk food and a huge lack of exercise so im going get back on the exercise track and eat correctly and my goal for now is to do a back flip by december and mark my words it WILL be done haha dont know if anyone cares just thought id post this little stoy
in ohio paintball gun shoot YOU
if you  ROFL when ever you see someone trying to recreate a ww2 fantasy put this as your signature
overkill? its not possible to over kill...can it?

#28 Algae

Algae

megasuperawesomelazerbeam railgunofepicdoomandstuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

What did you do with all of your big clothes Mike?

Algae's Feedback

Empire Axe Overview

First post? Awesome, but if the OP is asking a question, that's just being an ass

#29 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Micheal phelps eats like 3x the amount of calories your recommended per day and yet he is still extremely fit and skinny.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#30 Nightwolf

Nightwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

Micheal phelps eats like 3x the amount of calories your recommended per day and yet he is still extremely fit and skinny.

Because he needs that many calories to cater to his high activity level. The more active you are, the more your calories you body burns. If you dont get enough calories your body could go in the a catabolism state. meaning it breaks down body tissue (muscle).
But i did go and read about his so called 12000 cal diet and i think it total bull.

• 3 fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.
  • 1 5 egg omelet
  • 1 bowl of grits
  • 3 Slices French Toast with powdered sugar
  • 3 Chocolate chip pancakes
  • 2 cups of coffee
Lunch:
  • 500g enriched pasta
  • 2 Large ham and cheese sandwiches on white bread with loads of mayonnaise on top
  • 1000 calories worth of proprietary sports drink
Dinner:
  • 500g enriched pasta
  • 1 entire pizza
  • 1000 calories of proprietary sports drink
With all the bad fats and sugar in it he would not be able to perform and probably have major coronary problems.

Anywho back on topic.
I'm 3 weeks in to my weight loss lifestyle change and i am learning all i can about the body. Its a science once you know the effects food has on your body. It is really simple, id say the hardest part is having the willpower. But like mike said soon enough you will get sick of being fat.
Female Players FTW!!!

#31 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

I was reading last night that about 20% of the alcohol is absorbed in the stomach.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#32 JTjunkie89

JTjunkie89

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

Just recently i started using a tortilla shell instead of bread on cold meat sandwiches...simply because its 40 or so less calories than 2 slices of bread and it fills me up just as much
PMR Owners Group

#33 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

I don't know about the 85% - 15% rule... But here's what I DO know...

Firstly, no idea what a calorie works out to be :P so I'll be talking in Kilojoules.

Average intake for an adult male is 8000 Kilojoules per day (it's obviously a different measurement to calories but I'm not sure what that works out as)

That'll see you through the day just fine. The idea behind 8 small meals (although I've always been told it was 5) is that you eat the same amount of food, just more spread out. It's not 8 lunches or dinners. The way it was explained to me is this: Say you're going to eat chicken that day. your 5 small meals means that you eat a breast fillet for one meal, a thigh fillet for another, maybe the legs and wings for another etc... So that you've eaten one chicken, or the same amount that you would normally eat in your three meals. It doesn't mean you eat 5 chickens.

Finally, don't get caught up in the word "diet". There's a really simple formula which means you can literally eat what ever you like.

Eat less than you burn. Don't worry about individual elements of the food (sugar, carbs etc) look at the overall energy content. Make sure that your energy out exceeds your energy in. Easy :)

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#34 JTjunkie89

JTjunkie89

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Firstly, no idea what a calorie works out to be Posted Image so I'll be talking in Kilojoules.

Average intake for an adult male is 8000 Kilojoules per day (it's obviously a different measurement to calories but I'm not sure what that works out as)

That'll see you through the day just fine. The idea behind 8 small meals (although I've always been told it was 5) is that you eat the same amount of food, just more spread out. It's not 8 lunches or dinners. The way it was explained to me is this: Say you're going to eat chicken that day. your 5 small meals means that you eat a breast fillet for one meal, a thigh fillet for another, maybe the legs and wings for another etc... So that you've eaten one chicken, or the same amount that you would normally eat in your three meals. It doesn't mean you eat 5 chickens.

Finally, don't get caught up in the word "diet". There's a really simple formula which means you can literally eat what ever you like.

Eat less than you burn. Don't worry about individual elements of the food (sugar, carbs etc) look at the overall energy content. Make sure that your energy out exceeds your energy in. Easy Posted Image

learned this in physical science this year

food calorie or Kilojoules are 1000 regular calories

so 1 food calorie is 1 kilojoule
PMR Owners Group

#35 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

jesus Mike, you're 6 inches taller then i am the same weight as you :o :unsure: :(

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#36 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Fuck Jared from Subway, Mike FTW!

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#37 Obama loves Pb

Obama loves Pb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

Fuck Jared from Subway, Mike FTW!

talking about ur feedback thing... i honestly dont think thats a stupid question
just cuz a lot of people know doesnt mean everyone knows just sayin

#38 pump-pred

pump-pred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

You must have been gigantic.

smooth..lol
For sale: avatar mask, rap4 t68 gen3 pistol, DRX jersey 2XL, & pure energy 3000psi tank
Rap4 pistol comes in original packaging with parts kit and manual with 3 mags ( and has only been tested)
gene simmons is a b!tch

#39 nat

nat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

i had just started football, and the conditioning is great i havent lost any weight but i've lost fat and turned it into muscle and for breakfast i eat a small bowl of cereal (idk why but is my favorite food) and sometimes a glass of milk, for lunch a sandwitch and a diet pop, and for dinner a salad first because it helps fill you up before you eat the actual thing and eat dinner in sections i eat about 1/5-1/6 of what i usually eat at once and wait 2 minutes that helps you not over feed your self.
I BUY MY OWN shit

#40 CAW58

CAW58

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

No, the beer belly typically comes from what you eat while you are drinking. A lot of people go to a bar, get a couple beers and an order of chicken wings with their buddies, then maybe a burger later. This makes people think they are getting fat from alcohol, when in actuality a lot of it is the food.
KPS PAINTBALL---http://www.kpspaintball.com/ Don't buy an Axe buy a DM9.

Bob would be like...
"Theres alweys vurr-ebles wen huntin dehr...... thats why my rifle is cumpleete air flow... and da angel are at angles"
-Proxydust

#41 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Firstly, no idea what a calorie works out to be Posted Image so I'll be talking in Kilojoules.

Eat less than you burn. Don't worry about individual elements of the food (sugar, carbs etc) look at the overall energy content. Make sure that your energy out exceeds your energy in. Easy Posted Image

According to this website: http://www.unitconve...conversion.html

1 Calorie is like 4 kilojoules

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#42 tippmannr

tippmannr

Ronald McDonald FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

I actually think it is 80 food/20 workout, but he most likely has a high metabolism as said before. I have a super high metabolism and can eat anything i want and i am pretty damn skinny.

Gewn Owners V4

MY FEEDBACK

Those charges are bullshit and you know it. How was I supposed to know he was 9?

My Photo Bucket

#43 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

any alcohol makes you gain weight. The same with any other addicting drug.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#44 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

According to this website: http://www.unitconve...conversion.html

1 Calorie is like 4 kilojoules

How much energy will 4 kilojoules get you running?
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#45 Kyle The Viking

Kyle The Viking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

So Mike, how long did it take you to get from 320 to your now, 210?
Posted Image

#46 P51

P51

..you want mirrion dorrar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Earlier this year, I decided to start watching what I eat and going into June I've already lost 20 pounds. I haven't exercised barely at all, only running a few miles here and there.

What's helped me keep motivated is whenever you're alone in the bathroom, lift your shirt up and look at the fat. Look at that disgusting, flabby weight sitting on your body, think of how unattractive it makes you to the opposite sex, and how much more confident you'd be if you were skinnier.

I've gained a lot of self esteem after losing just 20 pounds, and I'm no longer afraid to take off my shirt at the pool. It's a great feeling. I'm now 5'9" 170 lbs, trying to get to 150 lbs by the end of the year. We'll see :D

Also, think of what you're putting into your body each time you eat. That slice of pizza has a lot of fat in it from the cheese and the pepperoni/sausage/whatever the hell they've slapped on there. Don't eat it. Get an apple, or make yourself a salad, or go peel a few carrots and munch on those. Don't put shitty food into your body.

Success is my only mothafuckin' option, failure's not
P51's Feedback

#47 Awesomeguy512

Awesomeguy512

RAWR!! IM A DINOSAUR!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

What's helped me keep motivated is whenever you're alone in the bathroom, lift your shirt up and look at the fat. Look at that disgusting, flabby weight sitting on your body, think of how unattractive it makes you to the opposite sex, and how much more confident you'd be if you were skinnier.

I'm no longer afraid to take off my shirt at the pool. It's a great feeling.

I do the bathroom thing to. Almost every time I go in. It really helps me.

I wrestle, and have been struggling with my weight for a while. As a kid (8-12) I was really fat. I just looked at some pictures of me recently from then, and I really was.

But the past two years, I have been doing school wrestling, and its helped me soooo much. I haven't lost weight from wrestling, but I have gained muscle. My weight was basically staying the same, but I was getting taller and skinnier, and stronger. Right now, I am 5' 11 1/2" and 178 pounds. Somehow, since last season, I had actually lost 5 pounds, which is good for me.

I have a really, really, low metabolism. I eat almost nothing (1 protein bar, dinner, sandwich) a day, and my weight stays the same. I exercise during the week, with a wrestling club on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Baseball on Saturdays and Mondays. But yet, my weight seems to stay the same.

This is actually the first time in my life I have actually been losing weight. I've always gained weight, until this year. My weight loss is really slow, though, like a pound a month, MAYBE. who knows what summer'll be like.

My sister doesn't help at all, though. She always asks for icecream, and to go out to eat a dinner. I don't know how many times I've told my mom I dont want to go out to eat, or get ice cream, but she always listens to my sister above me, of course.

I know I cant blame anything on my sister for my own weight, that was only an excuse. But sometimes, I have no desicion on what I want to eat. My mom and dad are both big, probably why Im so big also. But they control what I eat out of school, and sometimes, it just sucks.

Setup: Dangerous Power G4, Proto Pro-Axis Enigma, Invert Too, Ninja 68/45, Valken Fate 2010 pants, Xo Industries pod pack, Valken Fate 2010 Jersey

If I came home with a mohawk my mom would cut off my balls and hang them on the Christmas tree....

#48 J. Thompson #5150

J. Thompson #5150

Smiling Like a Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

Just wait until you're older and your metabolism starts to slow down. I've never been small to begin with, I've been about 6'3" since I was fifteen. When I was in high school I took up wrestling and when I started I was pushing 300 pounds and actually had to cut weight just to make the max limit for heavyweight. By the time I graduated high school all that weight had come off and I was floating around 190-200 pounds. Sine then I've struggled with my weight, developed all those bad habits all over again. I'm 30 now, working twice as hard to get the weight back off, and it's hard as hell. I'm working my ass off at the field 12-14 hours every week, plus going to the gym for a couple hours every week. I do everything I can to keep my eating in check, you know, avoiding junk food as much as possible, staying away from soda, candy, all that shit. And it's still taking me forever to drop the same weight that practically melted away fifteen years ago. I ballooned up to 350, I'm sitting at 313 now, and I've got bout a hundred pounds to go before I'll be happy, God help me.

Edited by J. Thompson #5150, 07 June 2010 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image
2ndCoat Paintball

is proudly sponsored by

ICU Paintball - Valken - Kohn Sports - TechT - Exalt - KM Straps

#49 Bumrush45

Bumrush45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

Nice Hayabusa Mike, and good job
Posted Image

#50 CAW58

CAW58

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

One thing that works well for people with low metabolisims is the atkins diet (20 carbs a day, it's more complex than that but thats the base idea) I have seen people who can't lose weight any other way lose it with atkins.
KPS PAINTBALL---http://www.kpspaintball.com/ Don't buy an Axe buy a DM9.

Bob would be like...
"Theres alweys vurr-ebles wen huntin dehr...... thats why my rifle is cumpleete air flow... and da angel are at angles"
-Proxydust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users