Photo

Monday, April 26th a 19 year old girl from Stavanger in Norway got hit in the eye by a stray paintball.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

She was waiting outside McDonalds for a meal with her friends when whe heard a bang, followed by a sharp pain in her left eye. 

- I thought someone was throwing eggs at us, but when i felt my eye bleeding i demanded to be rushed to the hospital, the young girl states.

Witnesses spotted a white vehicle with a paintballmarker pointed out of the window leaving the scene.

Risks permanent damage
It probably started as innocent play, but ends up with a random girl getting shot in the eye forced to live with the damages for the rest of her life, her mother states.

She suffers from a rift in the eye and the severity of the injury has yet to be determined. For a while, permanent blindness was feared. The girl, Eili, now seems to be recovering well and doctors are hoping for a full recovery.

The shooting is reported to the police and they are taking the case seriously. They have a number of witnesses and are close to locating the mentioned car.

Not terrified by paintball
After the incident media interviewed the paintball venues and clubs in the area. Of course, organized paintballers frown upon this behaviour. Game-On, the paintball store running Stavanger Paintball Arena, has contacted Eili and offered her a full day of free paintballing along with her friends to show them how fun and social activity paintball is when conducted properly. Eili has accepted this offer.

Local teams and paintballers show support and have offered to accompany her should she wish to meet with the local paintball community.
Posted ImagePosted Image

thanks to jens(silvercat) for writing this
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#2 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

Nice looking girl. A real shame that happened either way, though. The right picture looks...interesting. Is that after her recovery? If so, that would explain the discoloration. If that's just a regular picture, then she has some interesting bi-coloring going on.

The asymmetry is pretty hot.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#3 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

Nice looking girl. A real shame that happened either way, though. The right picture looks...interesting. Is that after her recovery? If so, that would explain the discoloration. If that's just a regular picture, then she has some interesting bi-coloring going on.

The asymmetry is pretty hot.

that picture whas taken after she came out from the hospitale.

heres a link to the tread on the norwegian forum if any one wants to read it

http://www.splat.no/...ead.php?t=31541
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
Feedback

#4 Sme11thegl0ve

Sme11thegl0ve

Ka-chunk!, u out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

Jeez, how much of an asshole do you have to be to do something like that? It's nice of the store to offer her a free day of paintball, at least she'll know that real paintballers don't go around shooting innocent people.

As for lovebunny's link
English translation
http://translate.goo...541&sl=no&tl=en

Edited by Sme11thegl0ve, 08 May 2010 - 09:35 AM.

#5 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

other than her being expected to recover, seems like this is the worst-case scenario for paintball idiots. i hope whenever they find them, the prosecution is made as public as possible.

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#6 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

glad she didn't instantly loathe everything about paintball, and even decided to take them up on the offer of a free day of play.
:tup: to Game-On!
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#7 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

glad she didn't instantly loathe everything about paintball, and even decided to take them up on the offer of a free day of play.

check them out at www.game-on.no and at http://www.stavangerpaintballarena.no/ (best inndoor field in norway)
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
Feedback

#8 Gregoro

Gregoro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

check them out at www.game-on.no and at http://www.stavangerpaintballarena.no/ (best inndoor field in norway)

Wow, nice looking field/site. What I would give for a place like that where I live.

#9 EJ/Failz

EJ/Failz

Hey.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

This happened on my birthday :S

what about boxer breafs? Its like boxers but a little tighter so ur wang dont go bang bang in ur pants lol.

#10 a 1000 hamsters

a 1000 hamsters

pssk pssk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

pussies this days, its a dick move to hit a girl but to do it with a paintball gun in a drive by... fucking pathetic.

#11 e6mafia

e6mafia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

I hope they catch the punks

#12 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

That really sucks what happened to her, but it's great that she's willing to give the sport a chance. To be honest, if I were in her shoes and never played paintball before, I'd be terrified to step onto a field.

#13 orientalflava

orientalflava

KARAfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

Jeez, why do people feel like bad-asses when they go and buy a paintball marker, decide to do a "drive-by" on innocent people. Will we ever know why people do such idiotic things? Probably not, but I'm glad shes made a good recovery and is willing to give paintball a shot, have fun Eili. The paintball community is not full of dumbasses Posted Image

#14 kyleeee

kyleeee

Cousin It

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

you give someone that can make something happen to something far away and they go and misuse it

typical

I know a lot of people who would think they would be hot shit doing this <_<
My Feedback 1/0/0

#15 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:51 AM

I hope she enjoys herself on the field with people who actually know how the sport is supposed to be upheld.. Fucking jackasses.

On an entirely unrelated note.. Id tap that. :lol:

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#16 Paintball666Metal

Paintball666Metal

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

I hope they catch the punks

+1
www.factorypaintballsupplies.com - Your source for the Vanguard Creed marker.

#17 Proxydust

Proxydust

I miss you, Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

the ironic thing here is that the kind of people who do things like this usually dont play actual paintball...... they just buy a spyder from walmart and feel cool driving around

glad she is ok too

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users