12 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

I'll start this by saying USF's team will be a solid D3 squad. I see the possibility of possibly even playing D3 XBall (not 5 man, true xball) at World Cup, running two lines. We have the talent, we have the resources, we have the opportunity, we have the player base, we just need to see how hard everyone is willing to work

Saturday's practice was great, I was actually really impressed with how little the "bickering" was, and hard everyone worked. I know it's hot, I know the drills were nonstop, but everyone hung in there great, and pushed themselves until the very end.

What I'm going to do here, is rate where I think we are at as a team with a score from 1 to 10. 10 is perfect, 1 is shitty-

Running and gunning - 3
Communication - 2
Laning - 4
Movement - 4
Breakouts - 4
Snap shooting - 4
Field Awareness - 3
Understanding the Tape-Fill System - 6
Equipment - 6
Apparel, cleats, padding - 4

Before we enter a tournament, I want to get the team as close to being "tournament ready" as possible, both on the field and off. Lots of guys are using outdated equipment. We need to get the tanks, guns, loaders up to speed.

We also need to take a strong look at the apparel, and start from the bottom and work our way up. We should start with making sure all the players have cleats, then knee pads, then groin protection. Then we go back to make sure they have pants, decent jersey, good pair of goggles with a fresh lense, gloves, & elbow pads.

In the gearbags, I want the players to get used to having certain things in the bags, so they don't distract the team. Things such as-

Microfiber cloths - $3 at WalMart Automotive
Allen Key Set - $5
Gun manual - either the original manual, or printed from online
Board manual - if it's not stock, need the manual for the aftermarket board
Batteries - both AA & 9V if they use both. Should have a couple extra batteries

In the pocket & on the field: players should carry a swab, a pull through squeegee, and the allen key needed to adjust velocity at all times in their pocket. This way if they break paint while playing, they can use the swab. If they need to just clean their barrel while in the deadbox, use the pullthrough. If they are at the chrono, and their gun is shooting high/low, they have the allen key to adjust velocity.

Behind the deadbox / 50 Yard Line - Players should bring their pods, 1 case of paint, a towel, and a gallon of water on the field. Especially when we're at CFP, when you can air up right on the field.

There are a few more things I want to run through with this team. We got through hand switching, laning / muscle memory, snap shooting, tape fill, breakouts, and running and gunning. What we need to work now is communication (Monday through Friday), learning the three plays (Offense, Defense, Special Teams), bunkering, and closing games out.

Once we have an idea on those skills, we can start scrimmaging other teams and apply them. I think we'll be ready for the next SPCS, and I think we should enter D3 XBALL with an 8 man roster + pit crew.

#2 Brunsy

Brunsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

wow looks like they got their work cut out for them, and after more practices they'll be one hell of a team.

Oh yeah... First!
Posted Image

#3 Xmas Asn

Xmas Asn

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Nice!

#4 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

What is the tape-fill system?

is that something along the lines of taking the tapelines or edges/boundries of the feild? or is it something compleatly different??

?

Edited by chewiestmonkey, 23 May 2010 - 12:25 PM.

My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#5 Brunsy

Brunsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

What is the tape-fill system?

is that something along the lines of taking the tapelines or edges/boundries of the feild? or is it something compleatly different??

?

you pretty much got it, you get to the tapes and if someone on your team gets out on the side someone in the middle should fill their spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8xuwkRE6MY
Posted Image

#6 Daniel Cura

Daniel Cura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

It was a great practice, Mike. Can't wait for more like it!
Daniel Cura
USF Paintball Officer of Promotions and Sponsorships

#7 ProtoRules

ProtoRules

Asian Beaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

I'll start this by saying USF's team will be a solid D3 squad. I see the possibility of possibly even playing D3 XBall (not 5 man, true xball) at World Cup, running two lines. We have the talent, we have the resources, we have the opportunity, we have the player base, we just need to see how hard everyone is willing to work

Saturday's practice was great, I was actually really impressed with how little the "bickering" was, and hard everyone worked. I know it's hot, I know the drills were nonstop, but everyone hung in there great, and pushed themselves until the very end.

What I'm going to do here, is rate where I think we are at as a team with a score from 1 to 10. 10 is perfect, 1 is shitty-

Running and gunning - 3
Communication - 2
Laning - 4
Movement - 4
Breakouts - 4
Snap shooting - 4
Field Awareness - 3
Understanding the Tape-Fill System - 6
Equipment - 6
Apparel, cleats, padding - 4

Before we enter a tournament, I want to get the team as close to being "tournament ready" as possible, both on the field and off. Lots of guys are using outdated equipment. We need to get the tanks, guns, loaders up to speed.

We also need to take a strong look at the apparel, and start from the bottom and work our way up. We should start with making sure all the players have cleats, then knee pads, then groin protection. Then we go back to make sure they have pants, decent jersey, good pair of goggles with a fresh lense, gloves, & elbow pads.

In the gearbags, I want the players to get used to having certain things in the bags, so they don't distract the team. Things such as-

Microfiber cloths - $3 at WalMart Automotive
Allen Key Set - $5
Gun manual - either the original manual, or printed from online
Board manual - if it's not stock, need the manual for the aftermarket board
Batteries - both AA & 9V if they use both. Should have a couple extra batteries

In the pocket & on the field: players should carry a swab, a pull through squeegee, and the allen key needed to adjust velocity at all times in their pocket. This way if they break paint while playing, they can use the swab. If they need to just clean their barrel while in the deadbox, use the pullthrough. If they are at the chrono, and their gun is shooting high/low, they have the allen key to adjust velocity.

Behind the deadbox / 50 Yard Line - Players should bring their pods, 1 case of paint, a towel, and a gallon of water on the field. Especially when we're at CFP, when you can air up right on the field.

There are a few more things I want to run through with this team. We got through hand switching, laning / muscle memory, snap shooting, tape fill, breakouts, and running and gunning. What we need to work now is communication (Monday through Friday), learning the three plays (Offense, Defense, Special Teams), bunkering, and closing games out.

Once we have an idea on those skills, we can start scrimmaging other teams and apply them. I think we'll be ready for the next SPCS, and I think we should enter D3 XBALL with an 8 man roster + pit crew.

are you there coach mike?
Posted Image
Tampa Bay Damage Is # 1

#8 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

Great practice! This line is looking so strong compared to last year. I can't wait to see you guys do well in the CFPS. I wish I could play with you guys, maybe I can find a way to work something out with John Jr.

I am not clear about how things will work at cup, I know there was a college bracket last year and I am not sure if you allowed to play in that college grouping and regular psp brackets. If I can dual roster that would be awesome!

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#9 Bobslob665

Bobslob665

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

also something that helps me is watching videos of diff teams playing on the same field.

http://www.kingkongp...go_Warm-up.html
USF SON!!!

message me about herbal incense.

#10 x28marqlover

x28marqlover

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

Pretty rough, seems like you have a lot of work to do. Good luck, I really wish I was on your team so I could learn from you but oh well

#11 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Damn, these guys got a busy schedule. Like someone else said, are you one of the coaching staff?
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#12 Brianm0121

Brianm0121

• Rendition O.G.
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

I completely agree Mike, this should a strong D3 x-ball squad in no time as long as the practices are what it was on Saturday. This is Brian by the way finally took the time to sign up on the forums. Hope you're having fun at LL3 brother safe travels on the way home. We gotta use that thermal shit too if you can bring it back haha

#13 PhatMatt88

PhatMatt88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

I completely agree Mike, this should a strong D3 x-ball squad in no time as long as the practices are what it was on Saturday. This is Brian by the way finally took the time to sign up on the forums. Hope you're having fun at LL3 brother safe travels on the way home. We gotta use that thermal shit too if you can bring it back haha

I'm kinda pissed i missed that practice, but im sure there are more of those to come. see you guys this weekend.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users