• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

I personally think basketball because of the insane endurance you need and that is a main factor in paintball. Another is the leg strength you need to play defense. Your basically sitting in a snap shooting position when your playing defense. In basketball you will also need arm strength for power lay ups and though minuscule, for jump shots as well. I am also diving for the ball face first and minimizing knee damage by doing a proper superman slide so that extenuates that factor. What do you guys think and why?
*Sig under construction*

#2 balla-addict

balla-addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

I dont know if anyone else would conside this a sport but dodgeball, because you have to run fairly fast to get to a ball before someone else takes it, and so you dont get hit, and you do a fair amount of dodging in paintball too, but if you slak in dodge ball you cant really compare them but if your playing allout dodge ball then yea you can compare them, you also need alot of endurance for dodgeball

Edmonton Impact Fan #30 - Russian Legion Fan #32 - San Deigo Dynasty Fan #37 - Justin Cornell Fan #1 - Budget Ballers - Canadian Baller

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

Posted Image

#3 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

I would argue hockey is the best. The sheer amount of endurance and leg strength (and other strength) would be great for paintball. Granted, you'd have to play very regularly.

Posted Image

#4 Nufu

Nufu

Stalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Soccer, or playing catcher in baseball. Soccer, you run almost the whole game, after a ball and kicking it.
Playing catcher, you build leg strength by crouching and waiting for the ball to come, then you ussualy stand up then throw it.. and you repeat it throughout the game.

Those are my 2 thoughts lol
I like turkeys
Check out Pinokio hoppers at pinokiohoppers.com
"it will taste like 19 years of pure hatred toward smart parts condensed into a melted sugary snack"

#5 TampaBrock

TampaBrock

Still in Tampa, Still playing ball

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hockey, soccer, and basketball take much more endurance than paintball. If you play high-school soccer (or have the endurance of a soccer player/hockey player), you will find paintball much less strenuous.
Check out my Website | my Twitter @tampabrock | my APPA info

#6 Burp

Burp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

Maybe not a sport, but marksmanship groups may help too along with track team or something.
Jeff Dunham rocks.

#7 G0DW1N

G0DW1N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

bahaha baseball what a joke.. you just stand around and pack a couple of lips and mabye catch a ball or two. hockey and basketball are good but the best sports reflecting your athletics have too be football and rugby. football because you have to communicate lots and its a burst sport like xball. the plays are short but you go your hardest during that time, just like getting off the break in xball. and rugby because it is the most team involved sport around if one person doesnt do what they are supposed too the whole team falls apart so you all need too communicate well and react too each other actions appropriately. you also have too be the most fit because you play on a field bigger than an international soccer field, and you play 90min 45min halfs. and there is no offence and defence like in football so once you score you have to continue playing

Edited by G0DW1N, 13 December 2008 - 08:54 PM.

RCHA REP

EGO 8 w/ 14" deadlywind
CF 68/4500
Rotor

#8 topher117

topher117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

Lacrosse
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"

#9 italian mobster

italian mobster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

i think the best sport to complement paintball is paintball
I dont like you

#10 hey no way

hey no way

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

definitely lacrosse
Paintball is Life

Pump Play is the best there is.

Lightning Pump Cocker

#11 G0DW1N

G0DW1N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

ya lacrosse i forgot bout that one
RCHA REP

EGO 8 w/ 14" deadlywind
CF 68/4500
Rotor

#12 hockeyfan269

hockeyfan269

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

I think the best sports that complement paintball are hockey and lacrosse. They're crossover sports anyways. Most people that play hockey in winter, play lacrosse in the spring.....Like me :)

#13 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

swimming. You exercise WAY more muscles in swimming that other sports.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#14 Protoplayer78

Protoplayer78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:00 AM

swimming. You exercise WAY more muscles in swimming that other sports.

No doubt!

#15 Kyle.

Kyle.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

swimming is definatley the best sport for endurance. track, soccer, basketball, and hockey are great too.

#16 msupaintballer

msupaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:04 AM

Soccer, or playing catcher in baseball. Soccer, you run almost the whole game, after a ball and kicking it.
Playing catcher, you build leg strength by crouching and waiting for the ball to come, then you ussualy stand up then throw it.. and you repeat it throughout the game.

Those are my 2 thoughts lol

I agree with Nufu. soccer and baseball, especially catcher, and dont forget the all out sprints in baseball to make it to a base.

#17 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

wrestling, longest 6 minutes of your life

you basically useing all your energy/muscles at once for a short time but dam is it the hardest thing i ever done
Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege
"Im good like that. I get love with out a glove. Its called her mouth"- k_garretson23

#18 Oakley9

Oakley9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

definatly golf, have u ever tried walking 18 holes. its a trek. not to metion ur putting stance is very similar to snap shooting stance. plus when you hit a golf ball, there is a lot of torque and strain that goes on your abs and ur back which can relate to paintball.
George Mason Paintball
Clone VX F/S/T

#19 bsportft

bsportft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

imma have to say football cuz you have constenly communicate andact in a moments notice and if your playing linebacker quick sprints and hard hits. and your also sliding alott

#20 McEd

McEd

本背負投

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

I'd say wrestling and martial arts (actual wrestling, not the fake crap), also cross country really builds up your endurance. But most sports are great in addition to paintball.
Team Havok # ∞
Sponsored By:
Six Feet Deep Clothing
Animal Paintball
PSN: Golfmank11

#21 SuIcIdE_pAiNtBaLl

SuIcIdE_pAiNtBaLl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

the marines navy seals etc

#22 McEd

McEd

本背負投

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

the marines navy seals etc

Those aren't sports.
Team Havok # ∞
Sponsored By:
Six Feet Deep Clothing
Animal Paintball
PSN: Golfmank11

#23 Weibs

Weibs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

I would say hockey because the format kinda seems the same AKA Xball

#24 justis

justis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

I have been doing allot of Isometrics, running and trying to get in as much martial arts training. It's a great mix of static muscle strength training, cardio and balance/technique. These types of workouts have also helped me minimize injury's as well.

I have been starting some basic breathing execerzises that I used to do back when I was in the Miltary, that has been amazingly helpful to keep myself calm and focused during the games. They are basically Yoga style breathing techniques.
"Live by the Square of Virtue" L=||

#25 paulpker121

paulpker121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

Any sport that has teams, and practice every day of the week.

#26 ryan1510

ryan1510

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

bahaha baseball what a joke.. you just stand around and pack a couple of lips and mabye catch a ball or two. hockey and basketball are good but the best sports reflecting your athletics have too be football and rugby. football because you have to communicate lots and its a burst sport like xball. the plays are short but you go your hardest during that time, just like getting off the break in xball. and rugby because it is the most team involved sport around if one person doesnt do what they are supposed too the whole team falls apart so you all need too communicate well and react too each other actions appropriately. you also have too be the most fit because you play on a field bigger than an international soccer field, and you play 90min 45min halfs. and there is no offence and defence like in football so once you score you have to continue playing

well i think that you are completely wrong...Baseball is a sport that makes you run A LOT, you get from point A to point B by running as fast as you possibly can, and dont forget about slideing...you will need that in speedball....

And yea i know you have run a lot in football, trust me i play football...But do you ever slide? Do you dive??? Yea you dive but those types of dives in speedball you would break a bone...
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!!!

ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#27 G0DW1N

G0DW1N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

ya ok you adressed the point that you slide in baseball like you do in xball. i can agree with that but, there is barely any teamwork involved compared to football, rugby. sure you may have too work together on a double or triple play, but have you ever tried to arrange a downfield block in football while the play is happening. you have too trust your o-line to cover the right gaps and communicate which way your comming(runningback). also audibles require lots of teamwork becuase you all have to respond properly too the play change otherwise your screwed. just like in paintball you have to trust your other teamates too cover certain areas and lane where they are supposed too and move when it is appropriate to move so that it is in sync with the rest of the teams actions. with some exceptions of agressive plays like trying to take the whole snake within 5 seconds of getting there, or rushing the X to gain mid field advantage.
RCHA REP

EGO 8 w/ 14" deadlywind
CF 68/4500
Rotor

#28 dgafchris

dgafchris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

professional gaming. It gets your adrenaline up when you beat a game

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#29 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

i have to say wrestling it makes u use your mind and strength. Plus it will help with running with all the damn conditioning you have to do.

#30 G0DW1N

G0DW1N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

professional gaming. It gets your adrenaline up when you beat a game

i lol'd hard too that. ya COD really gets me pumped after a solid 2 hours of gaming i feel like ive lost 10 lbs
RCHA REP

EGO 8 w/ 14" deadlywind
CF 68/4500
Rotor

#31 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

i would have to say that wrestling is great complement because you are just constantly working everything in your body. not to mention you have to keep a strick diet to stay on top.
dont forget the weigh ins too!
I ROCK THE BOB LONG VICE!

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#32 Dadoo202

Dadoo202

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

I do Football and Track, Football for strengh and power, Track for speed and endurance. But really any sport will help.
Ohio Baller

#33 BOBBYTUCSON

BOBBYTUCSON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

soccer and football by far , mixed in with mma
420 420 420 420

#34 Dadoo202

Dadoo202

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

I take back what i previuosly said you know what the best sport for paintball is.... Paintball think about you can actually better at while playing the sport and it increases your upper body strength and lower body strength from carrying your gun arond and sprinting around all day! :)
Ohio Baller

#35 hurstman41

hurstman41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

ok basketball, football, rugby, and MMA are not really that specifically helpful except for general strength training but that comes from any sport, even cheerleaders do it (and no cheerleading is not a sport)

im not trying to bash these sports at all cause if one of these is your sport, good for you, kick some ass at it but im saying that they really dont help all that much for paintball, here's what would help

1.cross country for endurance!!!!! yes yes yes i know you run for football but when a linebacker can run 8 miles a day 5 days a week (yes that is a normal practice, this doesnt include sprints or the longer runs :lol: ) then ill be impressed

2. swimming for muscle training, good god have you ever tried to swim for more than an hour strait? it creates new muscles to fit all the soreness in your body, every single muscle gets worked

3. wrestling for balance and quick reflexes. i wrestle and i know first hand that you need ballance, strength, speed, and you have to be smart, because not only are you required to do your best, but the other guy is doing his absolute best to stop everything you do. also we condition way harder than most other sports anyway. if you doubt me go 6 miniutes with a wrestler and youll see

#36 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

I'd have to second dodgeball.

While you would think that shooting sports would help in paintball, in reality, they would do very little. Modern paintball guns have terrible ergonomics. While you would definitely see improvement in shooting a single triggered marker, you would not gain any useful improvement when "walking" or "fanning" a double trigger.

#37 pbstryker

pbstryker

The Morning Forest King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

idk bout ur HS baseball teams but we runnnnn alot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 iD.

iD.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:07 AM

I dont know if anyone else would conside this a sport but dodgeball

Isn't paintball just really epic dodgeball?

Idk why, but when I think about other sports that have to do with paintball, lacrosse comes to mind. I think because they both aren't really mainstream.
QUOTE (cockerpunk @ Aug 3 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its only when you become an adult that you see that life sucks, and college sucks, relationships are hard work and dont work like on TV. And to cope you have to believe in something, and i believe ill have another beer!

Tippmann 98 pump project
Zombie Survival Crew Member #420, Second in Command of the Survivalist Army

#39 hurstman41

hurstman41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

I dont know if anyone else would conside this a sport but dodgeball

Isn't paintball just really epic dodgeball?

haha you make a good point, paintball is really just dodgeball with a gun lol. i know its really a marker but that doesnt sound nearly as epic

#40 Pyropaintball

Pyropaintball

IPlayPaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Baseball... Being in the armed forces isn't a sport it is a Career.

Baseball... Being in the armed forces isn't a sport it is a Career.
Paintballers Vs Idiots - Christian Ballers club - Night owls - Anti Grammar Nazis
Youtube SocialPaintball Account

#41 G0DW1N

G0DW1N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

sport that complements paintball the best is battlefield by far. i play it all the time in Highschool. you use dodgeballs and have two areas with beanbags/flags. you set up mats to use as cover as you run/ sneak your way over to the other teams base while you are trying to avoid being hit and hit others with dodgeballs. most epic gym game i've ever played
RCHA REP

EGO 8 w/ 14" deadlywind
CF 68/4500
Rotor

#42 Dadoo202

Dadoo202

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

I think any sport can compliment Paintball.
Ohio Baller

#43 Campos

Campos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Lacross probably because of running in pads and all. I've watched one of my friends play and it gets intense. I played football for 3 years just for the exercise and find that goign through off season has made me a better sprinter. Now all I do is jog several miles and push/pull/sit ups and lift dumbells
"The worst part about point blank shots is elimination."

#44 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

tackle football, because of endurance and the weight you have to carry. and it builds up strength.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#45 Quency

Quency

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

Ultimate frisbee. It combines endurance with running, sometimes short distances, sometimes long. It involves diving into the ground. Also with the hand eye coordination aspect, you have to be quick to catch some passes.

Along with all of this, the training we do for our legs helps like no other. We are using the same stabilization muscles in our legs as we do in paintball.

#46 sickbugs

sickbugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

ultimate frisbee?? sounds like what we do on the beach but more fun.. any more info on it?

#47 paintbal'a

paintbal'a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

Golf, basicly because the cost of everything in so much
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
Put this in your sig if your proud to live in Indiana.
Indiana member #9

#48 Littleston101

Littleston101

Avid Paintball Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

airsoft :D lol dont start a flame war. id say track or cross country. there are no timeouts in paintball. you need to go hard. you cant quick when your tired. whahaha football pussys lol jk

#49 Quency

Quency

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

ultimate frisbee?? sounds like what we do on the beach but more fun.. any more info on it?

Think soccer with a frisbee

#50 **armor**

**armor**

Reads more than he paintballs.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Honestly, all of the above sports are good.

But the BEST two are:
1. CROSS COUNRY! (RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING!!!)
2. CYCLING

You can't beat a combo of those two! Try outracing an XC runner who bikes for FUN. Here is my regimen:

1. Cross Country Practice: Hill Climbing, Sprinting, Distance, depending on the day,
2. Cycle wherever you go: It honestly helps a ton! Especially when you are in a hurry...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users