• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 reflex32903

reflex32903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

This is the original jersey design that I made. The little "u"s are not allowed to be used according to the athletic department, so we will need to make changes.

Posted Image

the photoshop file is too big for me to email to you mike, so I will give it to you on a flash drive sometime.

#2 PhatMatt88

PhatMatt88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

This is the original jersey design that I made. The little "u"s are not allowed to be used according to the athletic department, so we will need to make changes.

Posted Image

the photoshop file is too big for me to email to you mike, so I will give it to you on a flash drive sometime.

Do you guys care if i mess around on photoshop and make a new jersey layout? im pretty good at graphic design and ill also talk to my friend who is even better. Hit me up asap!!

#3 reflex32903

reflex32903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

of course you are welcome to make some new designs, thats the only one I threw together a while ago. Id love to see more ideas!

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

A little bit plain. Need a little more pop to it so it'll look nice in photos

#5 Bobslob665

Bobslob665

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

I think it looks pimp. the usf bulls thing could be bigger and i think it just needs to be easier to read it blends in alot....im no good with ps or id try lol. but i <3 it
USF SON!!!

message me about herbal incense.

#6 Brianm0121

Brianm0121

• Rendition O.G.
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:45 AM

Yeah it looks good but a little more pow to it would make it stick out more to cameras, can't wait to see some of the other designs made

#7 poncho

poncho

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

what about something like this on the front
Posted Image

Edited by poncho, 02 June 2010 - 12:16 PM.

I swear I'm >> << that close to bringing a cattle prod with me and yelling "back!!! BACK!!! (zzzzzzzz) BACK!!! ALL OF YOU!!! BACK!!!"

#8 PhatMatt88

PhatMatt88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

cant use the university "U" in usf lol

#9 PhatMatt88

PhatMatt88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

My friends and i are working on the jersey now but i had an idea for a pattern on the black part of the jersey. its the bull sign with your hand, this will be in pattern form in the black section only. tell me what you think.

Attached Files

#10 Brianm0121

Brianm0121

• Rendition O.G.
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

That actually sounds like a really good idea with the hand logo

#11 PhatMatt88

PhatMatt88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

That actually sounds like a really good idea with the hand logo

this is the final print set up. so it will pretty much look like this.

Attached Files

#12 Bobslob665

Bobslob665

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

i like this for the front
USF SON!!!

message me about herbal incense.

#13 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

i like this for the front

we can not use any "Bulls" logos/merchandise/designs etc etc without express permission from the school. That said having a nice jersy with the logo designed and ready to go wouldn't be a bad idea so we can show it to the school and get approval. Be careful how much gold/color of the gold as PSP may consider it to fall in their banned color category (Yellow is banned, gold is often confused ) in which case the jerseys would not be allowed for use in the PSP or CFPS

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#14 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

If yellow/gold is such a problem, would I need to get a different ccu kit for my ego?

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

We also just skip the logo hassle and go with "South Florida" down the sleeves or something, green and white

I think the best thing to do is to work backwards. Find out what we CAN use, and let's just give that to the artists over at Raza, and have them work with that

It's better than spending all the time on a jersey, then having the department deny the submission.

Who is the person at USF that handles the approval? I want to get this wrapped up as soon as possible. I'm not worried about getting the school to pay for it, I just want to approve it.

I know they've got some crazy rules about "no names on the back" or stuff like that if they pay for it. So I say we just pay for the jerseys out of our pockets, and get what we want on them.

#16 usfbulls13

usfbulls13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

We also just skip the logo hassle and go with "South Florida" down the sleeves or something, green and white

I think the best thing to do is to work backwards. Find out what we CAN use, and let's just give that to the artists over at Raza, and have them work with that

It's better than spending all the time on a jersey, then having the department deny the submission.

Who is the person at USF that handles the approval? I want to get this wrapped up as soon as possible. I'm not worried about getting the school to pay for it, I just want to approve it.

I know they've got some crazy rules about "no names on the back" or stuff like that if they pay for it. So I say we just pay for the jerseys out of our pockets, and get what we want on them.

I totally agree.
Sherwin Mashkouri
USF Paintball Officer

#17 reflex32903

reflex32903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:42 AM

Mike,

The guy who approves the design is Mr. Ayo Taylor-Dixon... He said the design I placed above is approved apart from the athletic U, that is our only limitation.

Also, I like the bulls hand sign idea, maybe spread the fingers out a little bit like horns instead of that punk rock symbol lol idk just a thought.

#18 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

If yellow/gold is such a problem, would I need to get a different ccu kit for my ego?

If it is like the brass gold that was on my 08 then no, I would have to see it to be sure, and most of the parts are too small for the psp rule. That said if it is possible that any part of your marker or gear could be confused with a hit it is a bad idea to wear. There is a tank with an orange splat design on it that I almost pulled last tournament, luckily I checked before just yanking him out. Also ask lil chris about the yellow nike symbol on his cleats. Since we are playing the CFPS while pink and orange are not banned colors it would be smart not to wear any colors that match paint. All it does is draw the refs attention and if he doesn't pull you out just having a ref run in there and get all over you still throws you off your game a little, its just not worth it.

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

F**K BP

#19 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

If it is like the brass gold that was on my 08 then no, I would have to see it to be sure, and most of the parts are too small for the psp rule. That said if it is possible that any part of your marker or gear could be confused with a hit it is a bad idea to wear. There is a tank with an orange splat design on it that I almost pulled last tournament, luckily I checked before just yanking him out. Also ask lil chris about the yellow nike symbol on his cleats. Since we are playing the CFPS while pink and orange are not banned colors it would be smart not to wear any colors that match paint. All it does is draw the refs attention and if he doesn't pull you out just having a ref run in there and get all over you still throws you off your game a little, its just not worth it.

Posted Image
Very Gold not Bronze at all.

#20 tigga5689

tigga5689

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

I haven't been able to transfer everything from my old shitty laptop successfully yet but once I do I will get to crackin on designs.

Probably going with a simple "University of South Florida" or just "South Florida" down the sleeves + a "BULLS"(with iconic U in the middle[check for copyrights/use policies]) on the front/bottom-front of the jersey with a fade-to color scheme (perhaps black to green/gold or vice versa) and a simple texture/design gradient in the background.

....coming up with a design would be a killer contest btw. lol!

We are definitely open to suggestions and all help will be greatly appreciated! :]

#21 usfbulls13

usfbulls13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

....coming up with a design would be a killer contest btw. lol!

We are definitely open to suggestions and all help will be greatly appreciated! :]

haha, not a bad idea..
Sherwin Mashkouri
USF Paintball Officer

#22 Daniel Cura

Daniel Cura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Mike I agree with your statement. As far as using the "U", that's the only restriction I think. We just can't use the "U" by itself. We can still use the "USF" and "BULLS" logos with the "U" in it. Just not the "U" by itself. Correct me if I'm wrong, Tom.

btw - Tom, I still love your original Louis Vuitton design. Very classy.
Daniel Cura
USF Paintball Officer of Promotions and Sponsorships

#23 garrett.luksich

garrett.luksich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

was bored so i threw this together
hooray for paint =P lol

try that again....

Attached Files

Garrett Luksich
President of USF Paintball

#24 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

was bored so i threw this together
hooray for paint =P lol

try that again....

garret instead of yellow/gold lined with black, i would say black lined with gold b/c of the psp rules

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

F**K BP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users