• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yakpb1

yakpb1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

alright so here is my situation, i used to play pb all the time, but unfortunately the parents didnt wanna fork out all the money for it so i had to stop playin, so now about five years later i am gettin back into it.... but the game and everything has changed a lot so i need some quick feedback to try and help me make a decision on which marker i should get. i have done quite a bit of research and in my price range have i found two markers... its between the invert mini or the proto pmr. i have heard good and bad reviews for both markers but still not 100% on which one to choose, any specs or details or comparisons between the two pro's and con's whatever you got for me let it fly. thanks guys!
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." -Gen. George S. patton
when you fall down, all you can do is stand up and grab you're nuts and say, im a man and keep on pushin.
"keep on keepin on" -Joe Dirt

#2 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

If you're talking about the 09/10 PMR vs the mini, the PMR wins for sure.

The PMR feel better in the hands as it's not all cramped together. The trigger on the UL frame feels better than the mini trigger in my opinion. You also get an on/off ASA vs. none with the mini.

The PMR is a spool valve marker so it will shoot smoother than the Mini.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#3 yakpb1

yakpb1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

ya thats one thing i was concerned about was the size of the mini cause im 6'1" and ive heard its a pretty darn small marker, and i do love the on off on the pmr, but the whole no external hoses on the mini is a pretty cool feature, not that i really ever had a problem with my macro when i played before.
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." -Gen. George S. patton
when you fall down, all you can do is stand up and grab you're nuts and say, im a man and keep on pushin.

#4 Spartan Berdi

Spartan Berdi

Spartans unload on cheaters!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

PMR hands down, it is a best marker feature by feature.

#5 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

I am 6'4", and I got to hold a mini, and I loved how it felt, I even loved how the stock trigger felt. I am in the market for one after getting to hold it.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#6 Zombiechamp89

Zombiechamp89

NEED BRAIIIIINS!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

Best way to decide is go to a local shop and feel both guns in your hands

Posted Image

Feedback
+11/-0

#7 Front Lines

Front Lines

I Don't Live On Planet Earth, I Live On Planet Eclipse!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

since your in that price range you should also look into the Etek 3

Pros:
1: no kick.
2: nice milling.
3: gets about 9-10 on a 50/45
4: one piece body
5: deftek offset feed neck. (The feed is offset to one side by a small amount. This prevents the balls that tumble into the breech from bouncing excessively and causing breaks and chops.)
6: smaller rammer housing.
7: zick kit. (reduces kick) you should upgrade to the zick 2 but not a big difference.
8: cure bolt. (prevents breaks and quiets shot. recommend getting the TechT hush bolt though.)
9: adjustable LPR.
10: fully adjustable trigger system.
11: break beam sensor system.
12: LED board.
13: programmable firing modes.
14: suuuuuper soft grips.
15: OOPS � The Etek3 uses the same On/Off/Purge System (OOPS) as the Ego10.
16: the GRN has great memory when it flexes. (doesn't really flex much unless you like dive into a snake and get your gun caught on the ground.

CONS:
1: Loud.
2: flexes.
3: the board is hard to program at first.

Overall people say this is a mid range gun just because of the price, but it is a high end gun.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the whole twilight cast standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5% who would sit there eating popcorn saying "DO A FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your sig
Geo 2_Dye Rotor_Dye I4__Ninja 50/45_Dye attack pack _ANS white pods_Dye C9 Iron Man Jersey (HOME)_Dye C9 pants_Empire Tz contact gloves

#8 yakpb1

yakpb1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

thanks for all your feedback guys, i think im gonna keep thinkin about it for a few more days, so keep it commin, and ill look into that Etek 3 front lines, i appreciate all the help. but im not too sure about the asa on the mini, cause i have somewhere a 68/45 cf tank with dynaflow reg which is adjustable and has an on off but it needs a cradle instead

Edited by yakpb1, 09 June 2010 - 09:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users