23 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

I know the team paint pools, but we need to get together and get sync'd up on how we are going to purchase paint.

You guys know that "TechPB is sponsoring USF" yada yada, so you guys know that I can get great paint for about $40

The major hassles are collecting the money, picking the paint up, and driving it to practice.

One of the biggest problems with being the "paint guy" is you show up with 15 cases to the field, you get paid for 10 of them, go home missing the other 5, and you're now negative $200+ in your bank account.

If you guys want to get sync'd, it's important that we start using quality paint for BOTH practice and tournaments. I prefer to use the same paint for practice and tournaments. It's pointless to shoot whitebox in practice, and ultra-evil for tournaments. You're going to get hella-bounces on your opponents in practice, and then people will have weird problems in the tournament, because they are shooting paint they've never tried before.

Also, for the paint pool, it's not fair that people who bring quality paint have to share it with white box / seconds from 6 months ago.

So we need to come up with a solution to get everyone sync'd up. I have no problem "dealing paint out of my trunk", but I don't do "owe-skis", don't show up with the cash, you'll be sitting out the practice, buying a case for FULL PRICE out of the proshops, or driving up the road to an ATM

If you guys want me to bring cases of paint to the practice to sell, bring $40 each

#2 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

First! :D

That's quite a question though Mike, I don't know how to answer it.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

I've had that happen to me...
I never opt for paying for paint anymore.

#4 soldierr94

soldierr94

bizzle dizzles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

First! Posted Image

is there even a question
(Insert something funny/amusing here)

#5 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

I'm personally against pooling paint. Mainly since I don't shoot as much as other people.

#6 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

ummm guys to me this seems like a simple answer.....pay up front thats what my family did when we ran ski trips to our moution for dicounitied price u mailed us cash or check when we got there we have already bought your ticket or in this case paint, you found us picked up ur ticket if u dident show o well ur out ihe cash and it goes to the pool for you guys or we would give it away so basically for you guys u could all pay mike how ever much you bought hed bring it ud all unload it onto ur pit and starting shooting it when ur done with the paint u either 1 split it all up or 2 lets say mike storers it for next weekend? i think this would overcome the probleme guys
Posted Image

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

First! Posted Image

is there even a question

Generic response, simply posted to not waste time and insuring the first post. Tasteless.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#8 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'm personally against pooling paint. Mainly since I don't shoot as much as other people.

What about the poor back guy who has to dump pod after pod protecting you from getting bunkered?

If you don't want to paint pool, we'll send you all by yourself to one side of the field, and I'll put the other 4 players on the other side of the field.

Take your pic, which do you play better? Snake or Doritos?

Choose wisely, because you'll be completely alone on that side of the field. I'm not joking either

#9 JBaller

JBaller

SCP Edge

• Banned
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

First After Mike!

I like the college section....:D

#10 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

I wouldnt be against it seening how you can get high quality paint for only $40 per case. I wish i could get that great of a deal.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#11 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

What about the poor back guy who has to dump pod after pod protecting you from getting bunkered?

If you don't want to paint pool, we'll send you all by yourself to one side of the field, and I'll put the other 4 players on the other side of the field.

Take your pic, which do you play better? Snake or Doritos?

Choose wisely, because you'll be completely alone on that side of the field. I'm not joking either

That's fine. I'll take either as long as the other side is aggressive.

What kind of paint are you selling?

Edited by GreenBeret Trey, 11 June 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#12 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

First! Posted Image

is there even a question

Generic response, simply posted to not waste time and insuring the first post. Tasteless.

You're trying to start shit with a 14 year old kid, Stick. I could even go as far as calling it trolling.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#13 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

i guess nobody likes my idea hahah it really worked in attendence to btw before we did up front paying people would not show up and be like o we over slept sorry hope yuo have enough people without us but when we did the pay up front program attendance spiked because they where commited alright thats all i have to say and mike that dosent sound fun to me hahaha
Posted Image

#14 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

That's fine. I'll take either as long as the other side is aggressive.

What kind of paint are you selling?

On second thought, I'll just have ya pick up a rec ball game somewhere else. Either you practice with the TEAM, as a team, or you practice on your own. I'm not going to have you drop the side, and then get the other guy's heads blown off because you want to go home with 500 rounds.

I'll get with Tom on his opinion on it, but I'm gearing this team to play Division A at NCPA. In order to play Division A at NCPA (which is pretty much division 2), we need to practice as a team, play as a team, and that includes paint pooling. This way, we all roll our guns, we practice like it's a tournament, and don't worry about paint until it's all run out.

We're not going out there to play rec ball, we're a team that's training to play against the best college paintball teams in the country. If you want to conserve paint and not paint pool, you won't be running on the same line as the guys who are training for the NCPA Class A 2010/2011 season. I suggest you start looking for 4 other players on the USF squad who share the same mentality you do, or you'll be playing alone

#15 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

I know the team paint pools, but we need to get together and get sync'd up on how we are going to purchase paint.

You guys know that "TechPB is sponsoring USF" yada yada, so you guys know that I can get great paint for about $40

The major hassles are collecting the money, picking the paint up, and driving it to practice.

One of the biggest problems with being the "paint guy" is you show up with 15 cases to the field, you get paid for 10 of them, go home missing the other 5, and you're now negative $200+ in your bank account.

If you guys want to get sync'd, it's important that we start using quality paint for BOTH practice and tournaments. I prefer to use the same paint for practice and tournaments. It's pointless to shoot whitebox in practice, and ultra-evil for tournaments. You're going to get hella-bounces on your opponents in practice, and then people will have weird problems in the tournament, because they are shooting paint they've never tried before.

Also, for the paint pool, it's not fair that people who bring quality paint have to share it with white box / seconds from 6 months ago.

So we need to come up with a solution to get everyone sync'd up. I have no problem "dealing paint out of my trunk", but I don't do "owe-skis", don't show up with the cash, you'll be sitting out the practice, buying a case for FULL PRICE out of the proshops, or driving up the road to an ATM

If you guys want me to bring cases of paint to the practice to sell, bring $40 each

I agree USF should sync for pooling paint however I disagree about your comment on the quality as long as its round. So any good fresh paint will do, I would use a thick shell thin fill for drills, as bounces wont matter we know if we hit someone. For scrimmages where breaks matter but fill doesn't I would suggest a thinner shell with decent fill like premium, and for tournaments and or a serious scrim before a tournament then using the evil or ultra evil. As a PSP player the paint evil/marbs coming off the truck even if its the same brand varies hugely and they will have specific fills for the time of day you are playing. I Know at Phx we had to test cases of both am and pm fills as well as evil and marb shells to find what was working best for us that day, and it would be irrelevant if we had practice with evil before as these batches varies so greatly just at the event!

Trey, honestly, esp coming from someone who primarily played back that sounds extremely selfish. I don't see how its fair for me to dump 2 cases of paint at a practice to do my job correctly while my front guy shoots 1/2 a case or maybe a case. Even if I bought 2 cases and you bought one and I played as paint heavy as I do in a tournament/serious scrim I would be out in 2-3 games 4 games max (granted this depends on the layout). I typically carry a full case out on my back. You have to realize a tournament team is just that a team and if you want us to shoot less paint as a team then you as a front player need to step up and be more aggressive, get the kills and end the game sooner.

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#16 usfbulls13

usfbulls13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

I totally agree with pooling the paint. Regardless, I can't wait for another hard practice this weekend!
Sherwin Mashkouri
USF Paintball Officer

#17 Brianm0121

Brianm0121

• Rendition O.G.
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

Mike is right guys, every team I've played for that was serious about playing tournaments pooled paint. As stated above by both Mike and Matt it's only fair to pool so the back player isn't dumping 80$ a practice just for paint while the front player only pays 40$ when the only reason why the front player is able to do his job is because the back players support. Just as most people stated too it's a team sport and you work as a team, if you're interested at all in playing tourney ball I'd suggest you pool in paint or just go play rec ball because no serious team will consider you for a spot if pooling paint isn't in your agenda. As for the shooting premium during practices I'm also okay with that, I'd rather pay an extra 5$ for something that will shoot straight than waste a whole hoppper trying to shoot someone with white box because it curves like no tomorrow. Especially for scrimming I know someone stated above that even if it doesn't break you know you hit them, but I treat scrims like a tournament. If I hit someone I want them out I don't want to have to worry about shooting them another 20 times to get a ball to break, if you look at any x-ball team they treat scrims as if you were playing a CFPS or PSP.

#18 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

After reading the painfully long replies, I must say that I hadn't thought of it that way and certainly understand.

As for dropping me Mike, be my guest to do so now if you're going to get annoyed by me being sarcastic, selfish, and greedy.

#19 Oakley9

Oakley9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

hey mike, Im on the GMU team thats starting this coming semester. first off are you playing on USF? secondly, how far are you guys from northern Virginia cuz we could be looking for another team to scrimmage? and finally, Mike, you said Division A is equivalent to D2, What would be the AA equivalent? I also agree with pooling paint, thats what we do. there is no I in Team
George Mason Paintball
Clone VX F/S/T

#20 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

hey mike, Im on the GMU team thats starting this coming semester. first off are you playing on USF? secondly, how far are you guys from northern Virginia cuz we could be looking for another team to scrimmage? and finally, Mike, you said Division A is equivalent to D2, What would be the AA equivalent? I also agree with pooling paint, thats what we do. there is no I in Team

True, but there is an I in finances, just kidding, lol.

#21 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

WHen u guys paint pool for practice how much do u guys buy?

3 cases? Cause if its 3 each that aint to bad say free or even 15 entry/air. Thats not to bad.
Posted Image
My Feedback Click Here 9,0,0

Because a fucking sandwich started World War I.

People that hate me: Drexler, GhillieSuitPaintball, BEASTY, anyone else want on the list? Just pm me..

#22 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

After reading the painfully long replies, I must say that I hadn't thought of it that way and certainly understand.

As for dropping me Mike, be my guest to do so now if you're going to get annoyed by me being sarcastic, selfish, and greedy.

it's a club, no one gets kicked out of the club

But I did speak to Tom about running two different groups of people. The first group is just students who are interested in just playing recball with other students, the second is the students who are interested in representing USF in the NCPA Class A Division.

Two different expectation levels, two different mentalities. I think that would be a great thing to do, so people who aren't interested in playing Class A in the NCPA, won't show up and be force-fed expectations that they aren't interested in accomplishing.

#23 GreenBeret Trey

GreenBeret Trey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

But I did speak to Tom about running two different groups of people. The first group is just students who are interested in just playing recball with other students, the second is the students who are interested in representing USF in the NCPA Class A Division.

Two different expectation levels, two different mentalities. I think that would be a great thing to do, so people who aren't interested in playing Class A in the NCPA, won't show up and be force-fed expectations that they aren't interested in accomplishing.

I would like to know where I stand though.

Hopefully the reply won't be, "on you're feet," or some such rot, lol.

#24 Brianm0121

Brianm0121

• Rendition O.G.
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

As I stated earlier I definitely agree with this and we need to situate who wants to play rec with other students and who wants to actually play in the tournaments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users