Photo

HOW TO FIX A LEAKING AIR TANK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 paintballkiller124

paintballkiller124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Im air tank is leaking right out of where you put the air going into it. You can hear. It looses 1,000 psi eveyweek.

#2 Robert Janis

Robert Janis

D.F.W.T.B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

make sure your tank o-ring isnt cracked or scratched, then lube the threads
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Empire Prophecy v2 for sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=140892

#3 rockout918

rockout918

Forum Storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Are you talking about the fill nipple?
If so, DO NOT try to "fix" the leak with oil. Oil on the fill nipple can be forced into the tank during filling...oil under high pressure can combust. So, keep oil away from that part of the tank.

What you should do to fix it is remove the fill nipple (empty the tank first) and see if you can clean the nipple from the inside. If all else fails, buy a new fill nipple (a new one is maybe $10).
Working on an air tank can be technical. So, take it to a tech or airsmith if you're not sure of what you're doing.
CLICK for more stories on my Tumblr When in doubt google it! UCR class of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/RockOut918
Haters gonna hate; Ponies gonna pwn

#4 Miss_Hell

Miss_Hell

I'm Spunky!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Sounds more like the pin is mis-aligned or has a bad seal.

screw it into and out of your marker a few times to try and re-seat the pin where it wants to be.

:wub:

EDIT: For those of you suggesting working on your own air tank. Don't...it's worth spending the 30 bucks or so to send it somewhere like crossfire or guerrilla air and have them work on it. They are professionals, they will do it right and safely. (Besides...if you mess up, there's no warranty)

Edited by Miss_Hell, 12 June 2010 - 09:27 PM.

Posted Image

#5 firebirdjimbo

firebirdjimbo

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

if its leaking out of your fill nipple all you have to do is remove the fill nipple, theres a little rod inside there with an oring on it, sometimes that oring goes bad, just replace it and you will be good to go. dont forget to teflon tape the fill nipple threads before putting it back on too.
fistful of agg. MN ballers club, the modders guild.
My Feedback +6/-0
I FIX BROKEN GUNS

#6 paintballjohn

paintballjohn

Jack of all Trades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

I would send it in to the company, also don't post in all caps or use all those exclamations.
Sure you can fight, but it is our wits that make us men.

#7 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Sounds more like the pin is mis-aligned or has a bad seal.

screw it into and out of your marker a few times to try and re-seat the pin where it wants to be.

:wub:

EDIT: For those of you suggesting working on your own air tank. Don't...it's worth spending the 30 bucks or so to send it somewhere like crossfire or guerrilla air and have them work on it. They are professionals, they will do it right and safely. (Besides...if you mess up, there's no warranty)

I fixed my leaking fill nipple :mellow:

It does sound like a bad fill nipple though, so take it to a shop and get it swapped.

#8 Robert Janis

Robert Janis

D.F.W.T.B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Are you talking about the fill nipple?
If so, DO NOT try to "fix" the leak with oil. Oil on the fill nipple can be forced into the tank during filling...oil under high pressure can combust. So, keep oil away from that part of the tank.

What you should do to fix it is remove the fill nipple (empty the tank first) and see if you can clean the nipple from the inside. If all else fails, buy a new fill nipple (a new one is maybe $10).
Working on an air tank can be technical. So, take it to a tech or airsmith if you're not sure of what you're doing.

haha yeah i wasnt trying to suggest putting lube into the tank
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Empire Prophecy v2 for sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=140892

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users