4 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer685

paintballer685

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

ok my quest is currently lp and the guage comes up at about 200 when it is running or a little bit less, and I get pretty good efficeny with that but should I try lowring my lpr or leave it where it is at for "maximum" performance. and if I wanted to switch to hp should I just use the suggested settings in the manual and tinker from there?
Biohazard Scenario Paintball Team

#2 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

The suggested LPR should be 90-100 psi. 200 is rather high. Normally if you are using LP or HP you set your LPR at 90-100 psi and adjust your HPR to the right velocity of 285-300 fps whichever is field legal. Depending on preference board settings such as Dwell and ABS should also be taken into account. My Dwell is at 12. Some people run them as low as 8 and while others as high at 16. It all depends on do you want smooth but less efficient. Or Efficient but a less smooth shot.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#3 paintballer685

paintballer685

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

ok thanks I dont have a chrono at home so I cant realy mess with it right now but once I get around one or buy one I will try to lower my lpr down to 100 and adjust the hpr to about 280. Il probably try 12 casue its in the center and probably where I will like casue I prefer my gun to be well rounded rather then super smooth or super effecinet. thank you :) oh and do you think if I adjust the lpr down too 100 I could just kinda of guess where the hpr is I was thinking about a full turn in but I dont know. any guesstamites at all?

#4 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

Each marker is different. It's hard to say where your velocity will be at. Your best bet is to lower the LPR to 100 psi and then head to the field and chrono. Shoot a stream of paint and make sure the LPR doesn't spike. It should stay consistent. Once the LPR is set adjust your HPR to the required velocity. If you notice any inconsistencies check you're bolt pin orings.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#5 paintballer685

paintballer685

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

ok sounds good unfourtantly I will not be hitting a field till july as of now Im trying to go to a local game soon but if not Il have to wait till ION.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users