Photo

Was everyone just playing recball today?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Sorry I didn't stick around today, Vicotin + Antibiotics had my head in the clouds. I've got an infected wisdom tooth that's being removed on Tuesday, and I just feel terrible right now. I tried to play, got about a half dozen games in and my head was spinning

Anyways, was everyone just playing recball today? Because I didn't see much of anything from our "Drills" practice being used on the field. No monday through friday, not much barrel push, not much tape fill

I heard that we did so shitty, that CFP Factory refused to play us, because they didn't want to waste the paint.

Here is a new rule - if we are just going to play recball, go to Blitz, NOT CFP. If you go to CFP, you need to have your game faces on, and have your shit together. Going out to CFP just to "fuck around" is a VERY bad idea. Not will we ruin any smidgen of reputation we have, but we're not going to be able to find any teams to scrimmage us because they think we suck so much, we're not worth the paint.

I know this, because I've been playing at CFP since 2003.

We can't have these days, where we show up and play recball against nationally ranked tournament teams, who are trying to prepare for an upcoming PSP event. It's a waste of time and money for them, and it makes us look like shit.

With that being said, we need to take a step back and realize, we have ZERO respect from anyone in this area, none, zip, nada.

When I was on the Widowmakerz, we hated playing against the USF squad because every time we played USF, we won. It wasn't a challenge, it was a waste of paint. Well 99.9% of the players in this area have that mentality when facing our squad.

CFP is holy grail of tournament paintball, you don't show up there to fuck around and play recball, like we did today. I think we need to re-think where we practice on our "off weekends" so we don't embarrass ourselves more than this club already has.

When we show up to CFP, we need to have our shit tight. Barrel pushes, monday through friday, tape push, tape fill, I didn't see much of that when I was out there this weekend.

That's pretty fucking embarrassing to hear that the owners of the field, refuse to play some paying customers because we suck so much they don't want to waste the paint.

We're going to clean this up fellas, believe me we're going to clean this up.

Goggle cam from today-

#2 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:10 AM

Hope your doing better Mike.

I do want to say it was Nobel that refused to play because they only brought paint to scrim cfp d2 to get ready for Chicago, the other d4 team canceled last min. But I agree, we should be having organised scrimmages at cfp

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#3 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

^^^ keep in mind, I'll for fucking around and having a good time.

But CFP is not the place to do that. You screw around somewhere else, you bring your game face to CFP

Not a big deal, rookie mistake. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again

#4 JBaller

JBaller

SCP Edge

• Banned
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

First After Mike!

Sorry to hear that....:(

#5 garrett.luksich

garrett.luksich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

wow guys....
really? adam would've kicked someones ass and given them an earful if he saw that kinda shit.
its easy, practice at blitz as well as rec there when we have off. lets leave cfp for days when we want to go scrimmage.
Garrett Luksich
President of USF Paintball

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

wow guys....
really? adam would've kicked someones ass and given them an earful if he saw that kinda shit.
its easy, practice at blitz as well as rec there when we have off. lets leave cfp for days when we want to go scrimmage.

What's really freaky, and what I don't think alot of players took into consideration-

The NCPA College Finals, that's broadcasted on television / internet yada yada, is filmed on the EXACT same field we were screwing around on. The exact field, the exact location, we have the luxury of practicing at the same location as the NCPA Finals. We're going to be there hopefully in one year, playing on the same grass, inside the same net.

And we've got an opportunity to play against teams that are as good, if not better than the ones we'll be facing in the finals at the NCPA. Yet we're out there screwing around and making asses of ourselves? Not communicating, just having a good-ole day of fun recball?

#7 SillyGoose

SillyGoose

Asian :P

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

I was too lazy to read the whole thing so read the last 2 sentences lol. And owners not playing with their customers because they suck and they dont want to waist paint? Thats BULLSHIT! lol. In most fields in NorCal, the refs or owners plays with us. Except Dave Bains (owner of CEPP), hes too busy lol.

#8 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I was too lazy to read the whole thing so read the last 2 sentences lol. And owners not playing with their customers because they suck and they dont want to waist paint? Thats BULLSHIT! lol. In most fields in NorCal, the refs or owners plays with us. Except Dave Bains (owner of CEPP), hes too busy lol.

.... This is exactly what I tried to correct, and again so it is clear. NOBEL a d2 team refused to play with USF because they had set up a specific scrim with the CFP D2 line to practice on the last non holiday day to get in practice before a major PSP EVENT. one of THE OWNERS himself JOHN SMITH Sr. hopped on and PLAYED WITH USF because we did not have enough bodies to play the point. The reason USF had no one to play was because no other teams were out there to play, the other team ANNIHILATORS D4 that was supposed to be at the field that day backed out the night before. USF did not arrange to have a specific team to play and there where no teams to have pick up games with. In general the SMITHS owners of CFP will make sure that any team that comes there to practice will get some playtime, but again it is difficult to manage teams that just turn up. I can personally say that I have been asked before to go in and purchase more paint so we could keep playing to make sure other teams got a good practice. PLEASE again this was misrepresented and should not reflect on CFP. NOBEL is the team that refused to play us, and honestly it makes sense since they were trying to prepare for an event at the d2 level.

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

F**K BP

#9 SillyGoose

SillyGoose

Asian :P

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

.... This is exactly what I tried to correct, and again so it is clear. NOBEL a d2 team refused to play with USF because they had set up a specific scrim with the CFP D2 line to practice on the last non holiday day to get in practice before a major PSP EVENT. one of THE OWNERS himself JOHN SMITH Sr. hopped on and PLAYED WITH USF because we did not have enough bodies to play the point. The reason USF had no one to play was because no other teams were out there to play, the other team ANNIHILATORS D4 that was supposed to be at the field that day backed out the night before. USF did not arrange to have a specific team to play and there where no teams to have pick up games with. In general the SMITHS owners of CFP will make sure that any team that comes there to practice will get some playtime, but again it is difficult to manage teams that just turn up. I can personally say that I have been asked before to go in and purchase more paint so we could keep playing to make sure other teams got a good practice. PLEASE again this was misrepresented and should not reflect on CFP. NOBEL is the team that refused to play us, and honestly it makes sense since they were trying to prepare for an event at the d2 level.

Posted Image Isnt that exactly the opposite of what Mike said? I mean yea, I see the higher division teams are jackasses lol (they are all). But it is still understandable why they backed out too... I think, I can understand what you guys are saying as in CFP's defense lol ( I sound like a 13 year old talking politics lol). Lol everyone don't blame the field, owner, or the refs. Blame the D2 teams lol.

#10 Daniel Cura

Daniel Cura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

Whatever the case may be, it should go without saying that every practice, even if it's an "off weekend", needs to be taken seriously. Yeah it's good to have fun, but in our position, time is not on our side and we need to focus more than many other teams out there. I'm sorry to hear that this was even an issue. You guys cannot forget that, yeah we're playing paintball and doing something we enjoy. but we are also representing USF and we need to make a good reputation for ourselves. As Mike said, that is already an uphill battle because so many teams around the area don't respect us because of last year. We need to change that and the way to do it is to show we are ready for serious practices and to get better as individuals and a unit at each practice. It's time to turn this around, guys.
Daniel Cura
USF Paintball Officer of Promotions and Sponsorships

#11 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Whatever the case may be, it should go without saying that every practice, even if it's an "off weekend", needs to be taken seriously. Yeah it's good to have fun, but in our position, time is not on our side and we need to focus more than many other teams out there. I'm sorry to hear that this was even an issue. You guys cannot forget that, yeah we're playing paintball and doing something we enjoy. but we are also representing USF and we need to make a good reputation for ourselves. As Mike said, that is already an uphill battle because so many teams around the area don't respect us because of last year. We need to change that and the way to do it is to show we are ready for serious practices and to get better as individuals and a unit at each practice. It's time to turn this around, guys.

:tup:

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

F**K BP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users