• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PBSL Carmen

PBSL Carmen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

I'm looking into purchasing a pistol, and I'm up between a T8 and a TPX. I held both at my local store and like how natural the T8 feels when you draw it, but I noticed that the grip felt really large to me. Being female, I have smaller hands and I'd like to know if that would cause any problems during play or become overly clunky.

Also, are there other grip panels on the market that wouldn't be so thick? I know I can't do anything about the size of the grip because the mag has to fit in there, but I'd like to thin the panels down as much as possible.
Posted Image
"Hey, paintcheck on that ref! I swear I got him!" BST Feedback

#2 betasniper

betasniper

Self Proclaimed Mechanical Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

The only problem I foresee with having smaller hands is you have to change your grip on the T8 in order to release the magazine. This may or may not be a big deal to you, but if it is, then I would recommend a TPX as it has a smaller gripframe to hold which allows you to release the mag without as much hassle. Or you could purchase one of my flipped mag releases which lets a right handed person release the magazine with their index finger. I personally love my mod. (but I'm biased, I make it).
╔══╗╔╗────────╔═╗───╔╦╗Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused
║╬╬╠╝╚╦═╦══╦╦═╣╚╬╦╦╦╣║║
║╔╗╠╗╔╣╬║║║║║╠╬╗║─╣║║║║
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚═╩╩╩╩╩═╩═╩╩╩═╩╩╝
Mechanical Engineer(working on a degree in college) and Machinist(Riverside Community College Norco)

#3 PBSL Carmen

PBSL Carmen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Having problaby played with it before, do you think it would be a big deal if it took a little more time on the reload? Not because of the trigger release, but because I'd try to reload the same mag instead of popping a new one in. I tend to try to flank and backdoor people, but once I blow my cover I need some firepower. Will a reload take less than 5 seconds if I'm loading from a 10 round tube with 8 balls in it?

I'm actually a leftie, but is there a way to mod your mod so it would reach back and let me release it with my thumb? I'm still a long way off from getting a .68 pistol because I want my Mini and Rotor first (ahh, the dream marker/loader combo of every other person on this site. I feel so individual!) but eventually I'll find the cash to get one. I'm not inclined to make permanent modifications just in case my friends want to play with it, so how removable is your mod?

Thanks for the input you've already given.
Posted Image
"Hey, paintcheck on that ref! I swear I got him!" BST Feedback

#4 betasniper

betasniper

Self Proclaimed Mechanical Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

In the order that you asked:
Na it wouldn't be a big deal.

On the reload. If you practice enough, you could get to the 5 second mark from ejecting the mag back to re-inserting the mag. The actual reloading of the mag takes very little time. The majority of the time is priming the mag for reload which involves pulling the tabs on the sides to allow paint to roll in freely and holding the detent down at the top of the mag to let paint in. When using 10rd tubes, I would recommend placing fillers at the bottom of the tube to occupy the space that the two paintballs would have occupied. I suggest cotton balls.

Actually, with my mod, it makes it so that a lefty does use their thumb. But if you do get the T8, you will realize that the stock release seems much more natural. Still, if you want the flipped release so you can use your thumb, I'm not stopping you. (If you prefer the stock style of release, I can make that kind too)

My mod is just an other piece that can be removed and replaced with the stock release rather easily. It just involves normal disassembly and needle nose pliers to hold a leaf spring inside the grip.

I also forgot in my first post that the T8 grip doesn't have removable grip panels.

And Thank you for listening to my input. :)
╔══╗╔╗────────╔═╗───╔╦╗Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused
║╬╬╠╝╚╦═╦══╦╦═╣╚╬╦╦╦╣║║
║╔╗╠╗╔╣╬║║║║║╠╬╗║─╣║║║║
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚═╩╩╩╩╩═╩═╩╩╩═╩╩╝
Mechanical Engineer(working on a degree in college) and Machinist(Riverside Community College Norco)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users