• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 gotpaint17

gotpaint17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Southern Maryland Paintball, its great, not to many people come. We need some more experienced players there... Im going wednesday... tell me if you can make it! OH!! we also have night paintball.. its the closest thing to me now because OA Bowie closed down.. :(
Noone! is a noob..! But there are Newbies.... :)

#2 lilvinny

lilvinny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Southern Maryland Paintball, its great, not to many people come. We need some more experienced players there... Im going wednesday... tell me if you can make it! OH!! we also have night paintball.. its the closest thing to me now because OA Bowie closed down.. :(

This field is Great. its 25$ for field fee and its BYOP!. Tomorrow we are making a regulation sized field 150'x120' with 42 bunkers. The current hours of operations is wed and thur 12-530 fri 12-930 and sat and sun 9-930. we deffinatly need more players to come and play but on a saturday we usually have 5v5s goin. there is 3 fields a woodsball field, a spoolfield, and the field mentioned above. On July 17th there will be a 2v2 fun tournament held and there with a cash prize for 1st! so signup at the field

#3 DWAI

DWAI

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

were is this field located pls pm me
gun for sale or trade
1/0/0
gear - starframed ETEK, ninja 50/45, dye rotor

#4 o.c. aftershock

o.c. aftershock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

were is this field located i usually play at oc paintball or pro-action paintball

#5 monkeyman

monkeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

southern Maryland http://southernmdpaintball.com/
Posted Image
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#6 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

Just went to this field on saturday, by far the best field iv ever been to. if your into speedball or hyperball this is a great field. they have woods there but we only played that once.
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#7 stevenbrown

stevenbrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

southern maryland paintball is very nice just came out with a new x-ball field only the southern mayland team can play on it but it is stilll nice

#8 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

southern maryland paintball is very nice just came out with a new x-ball field only the southern mayland team can play on it but it is stilll nice

yea i was there last weekend, very nice xball field. couldnt play it though. there were team tryouts the day i went so i got to watch them play it. maybe next time if i get there before they wash the bunkers down i get get in on a game or 2.
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#9 rjs5117

rjs5117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

anyone looking to play here this weekend?

i used to play at rosedale and had a good group of people that organized days when people would come out so you knew there would be a good turnout. since this place is closer to where i live, im hoping to find a group of people to do the same at this field. ive only been there a couple times and every time there hasnt really been a group of walkons that were interested in anything other than camping in the woods until everyone's paint was gone. anyone who plays here should subscribe to this thread so we can try to organize something

#10 woohooo

woohooo

i am jacks colon i get cancer i kill jack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

This field is about 5 mins from my house lol

#11 rjs5117

rjs5117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

This field is about 5 mins from my house lol

So do you play there?

#12 woohooo

woohooo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Haven't gotten a chance to because of school and my woodsball gear was stolen but I plan to go sometime this week just to see Wat it's like

#13 DTS

DTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

SMP is a great field, I play there almost every weekend. There's a pretty good group of regulars that are there almost every weekend, and the Maryland Mayhem are based out of there so they're are usually people to play with if you are just walking on. There is currently 2 woodsball courses, an Airball field, a village field, a fort field and they are putting up an X-ball field this weekend for a 3v3 race to 2 open tournament on the 27th. The prices are awesome and the staff are helpful and great to work with. The owners are constantly working to improve the field so if there is something that is a little lacking one week, chances are that it'll be improved the next time you see it!

#14 woohooo

woohooo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm gunna come up tomorrow not to play but just to look around

#15 Reds11288

Reds11288

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

What are the rules their as far as ramping and bunkering and what not I would like to know because I what to go their to play some time soon.
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#16 rjs5117

rjs5117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:48 AM

What are the rules their as far as ramping and bunkering and what not I would like to know because I what to go their to play some time soon.

In walk on play I will generally ramp my gun at 12.5, but only when everyone else has the ability to do the same. I have never seen anyone blatantly ramping to extreme rates of fire, since it would stick out so obviously when everyone else is at 12.5.

Bunkering is generally decided upon before playing. I have seen people ask to not be bunkered and people are generally fine with that. Just ask the group before you start playing whether they are ramping and whether they want to do bunkering or not.

#17 Reds11288

Reds11288

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Ok thanks, I wasn't planing on ramping high the 12.5bps but it is allowed right or is 12.5bps just the limit? And I understand the Bunkering thing I wish PAP did that.
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#18 rjs5117

rjs5117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

Ok thanks, I wasn't planing on ramping high the 12.5bps but it is allowed right or is 12.5bps just the limit? And I understand the Bunkering thing I wish PAP did that.

I'm sure under some situations you could get away with ramping a little higher but I've never seen it. Most of the refs are xball players and know what 12.5 sounds like. No one has ever expressly said that it's the limit, but you're playing x ball on a psp field, so everyone just sort of goes with that.

#19 Tarrell13

Tarrell13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Thinking about making this my new field. Has the field attracted more people or is it still in the works? Looking to play some airball and after watching the video of the field is the psp field always up? Also are the hours still the same like are you open on Fridays and are times from 9am to 9pm or is everything different now?

#20 rjs5117

rjs5117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Thinking about making this my new field. Has the field attracted more people or is it still in the works? Looking to play some airball and after watching the video of the field is the psp field always up? Also are the hours still the same like are you open on Fridays and are times from 9am to 9pm or is everything different now?

Psp field is usually only up for team practice but if you are there on a day where the team practices you can usually get on.

#21 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

teams are typically there sunday mornings to practice, and scrimmage sunday afternoons
were always looking for more players to head out to the field
it really is a great field
we just bought a 3rd airball field that should be psp as well
were investing in turf to turn one fo the field into a tourney only field as well
along with the entire back part fo the open field is being turned into an urban scenario field

im up there LITERALLY every weekend
and they are open wednesday-sunday, though speedball players are mainyl there weekends
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#22 leonidas24

leonidas24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

teams are typically there sunday mornings to practice, and scrimmage sunday afternoons
were always looking for more players to head out to the field
it really is a great field
we just bought a 3rd airball field that should be psp as well
were investing in turf to turn one fo the field into a tourney only field as well
along with the entire back part fo the open field is being turned into an urban scenario field

im up there LITERALLY every weekend
and they are open wednesday-sunday, though speedball players are mainyl there weekends

Do they have a pro store there? Just moved here and my wife and I are trying to get back into the sport and would like to find a new place might check it out this weekend.

#23 kiriyama9000

kiriyama9000

SEUM DWA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

I'd love to check this place out, but that's a bit of a hike for me.
Posted Image

#24 PBDarthHolio

PBDarthHolio

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

I have found, if you live from Baltimore or further north that Paintball Adventure Park in Taneytown is a great field to go to, its the main field I go to now. Lots of rec players on the weekend, the fields are good, the refs are decent, paint prices are good. They have a pro shop onsite and have self fill air stations for players with compressed air tanks. (3000 and 4500 psi)

I have played at some of the other fields such as Robinhood paintball and Paintball Sportsland, both are ok, but have had the best experience at Paintball Adventure Park. I would like to go to Southern Maryland Paintball, but just too far south of me.
Posted Image

#25 Chaoticredneck

Chaoticredneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

They now have a pro-shop located at the field as well as marker techs, me and my team will be there on saturday to practice ( we are a scenario team) anyone who wishes to join us pm me, or go to our website www.sospaintball.webs.com
Team CO Sons of the South
Valken Corps-NE Solider
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Maryland Paintball, ANS GEAR, WTG Tactical

#26 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

we are a feild paint only facility now
using all Valken paint

we have a decently stocked Proshop as well

and me and the owners son are the gun techs
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#27 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Went here for the Call For Duty event and had a great time for the most part. The staff are really chill and the layout of the fields is great. However know this, they will cap you at 12 bps on both semi and ramping (if you ramp) and are very serious about you firing over 12. Also their speed ball is grass instead of turf (not that big of a deal but turf is nice to play on). Personally I prefer pev's but if you live closer to SMP, go to SMP it is still a great place to play.

Edited by PaintJunkie, 08 March 2013 - 03:07 AM.

What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users