The plus'ses of the DP G3-R Just received the spec-r-p in the mail today. Initial comparison out of the box the marker has smoother lines and less blocky milling.
2. The eyes covers are larger and well allow the triggers frame to be re-attached to the marker without the chance off the eye wires being pinched. New design of detent for DP should work great. 3. The almost ¾ in. less length from the top off the trigger frame to the bottom of the regulator seems to be a lot more tight and comfortable.
4. The new on-off button is much superior. The button should allow easier action with enough movement to accommodate upgraded boards without having to use a spacer.
5. Milling around the on-off portion of the grip frame has a more ergonomic feel.
6. The (power grip) will not be missed, it was utilized by some woodsballers but not enough to make a difference. The marker is balanced perfectly to be carried from the back horn. I do miss the grip slots on the back horn they worked well for anti-slip.
7. The trigger is a real nice touch finally sticking a roller trigger in and putting the adjustments in where the F8's where. The inlaid magnet was another plus.
8. Back cap has been milled out to not only to be lighter but have more grip for no tool access. The back cap which used a 3/16" now takes 1/4". I would like to see a gauge here though it is real nice to know the operating pressure in the marker.
9. Not putting the filters in the 90's that where clogging in a short amount of time due to fields not changing there filters in there air compressors.
10. The removal of all springs is a total bonus for all.
11. Old G3 weighs 1lb. 15.6oz. the new Spec R 1lb. 12.4oz. that's 3.2 ozs. lighter.
12. Microswitch board
DP did a really nice job on the improvements on the G3 platform. I will be running efficiency test in the next few days well post up.