I just spent like 3 hours writing this, was about to post it and my computer decided it needed to restart. EVIL HAPPY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, now, I am re-typing it all from memory... joy.
no...... I need a smoke first..................
Ok! Better! =D
here we go! Again!
OK, so I'm new to the TechPB forums! I haven't played paintball in like 2 years and am looking to get back into the sport! Woo fun!
Anyways, a little info about me and a hello to ya here:
I've been wanting a nice marker for a while now, and I finally have the money to get one!
Getting tired of my ol' 98c (doesn't even have act), I really enjoyed the years I put into it
but it really doesn't suit my style anymore. I've played with a lot of friends markers (don't ask me
what markers, I'm terrible with names T_T) and I think I know what I like!
What I like:
- 45 or Sling triggers, a really good semi-shooter, no wobble, micro, and the feel of cold steel! =)
- on/off asa's with the macro out the front not the side
- vertical feed necks T_T
- simplicity, and easy maintenance
- Good for woodsball play, And really good in speedball
- Durability, i like full metal, not thin walls
- Really nice stock parts, barrel, asa, reg, eyes, clamping neck, trigger, board
- lcd screens, bleeping lights are ok, as long as it's easy to use and really customizable
- butstocks, sometimes it's annoying, but I can't live without it!
- foregrip, I love a horizontal foregrip, I don't always use it but it's nice to have
- good ergonomics (I have long arms)
- Poppets, awesome design, easy to maintain, great noise!
- sound, I like a loud, intimidating, thud
- easy to slide out bolt and clean on field
- no chopping T_T
- Upgradability, as long as it's REALLY good to start with
- weaver rails, I love them, I really like the top ones to run 45 along the sides
- Great balance (with stock)
- being able to rip a high rof when I want
I don't like:
- Rake and single triggers, and anything that shoots 3 balls when you shake the damn marker!! TRIGGER WOBBLE!!!
- Bulging Bottles in my shoulder!!! My biggest gripe! I hate it! I like stocks, but they get annoying sometimes too, I don't like to have nothing there either!
- Fine feed neck threads, they scare me... :<
- 50lbs markers (2~3lbs is good)
- regulators that twist in my grip
- crappy stock parts
- finding lubricant in my barrel
- Really long, or short, body.
- milsim, I like rails, but I HATE fake magazines
- corny looking grips, or grips that don't feel good
- Clown colors, I like black, black and hot pink maybe, camo, but all those colors make me puke!
- Markers that try to look cool, or pretty! All markers are ugly! (well, except Mikes old Species, Gawd that thing was beautiful <3)
- Having to take apart the whole damn marker to maintenance it! BS!
- Just polish the damn thing, gunu make me pay all that money, bs!
- Plastic parts T_T high grade plastic... it's still bloody plastic
- When little kids make fun of me for the marker I'm using... T_T I don't really care... :'(
- parts that only fit on one marker
- leaks like a sib every time you mess with it
Things I don't care about:
- insane rates of fire
- weight (well, mostly)
- looks (mostly)
- Who it's made by (welllllllll....)
- little kids that make fun of my marker T_T
I know what you're thinking. Yes. I own an ION. T_T
not even going to talk about it. I'm selling it ASAP! Ha
Alright, so, I'm looking to get a beginning to mid ranged tourney marker...
somewhere around $300-500. Later I'll get a bling machine and give my little brother whatever I buy now.
I've been looking around and all I've come up with is more questions. So I thought I'd ask you guys!
Here are some I'm looking at:
- SmartParts SP-1 w/Blackheart board
want to own another SmartParts marker again. AND, its spoil, not a really big deal but... BUT... Mike and MANY others gave it rave reviews.
My only concern is, if I get this will I be forever doomed to the stock parts. I mean, is SmartParts DONE?
Doesn't sound like a smart idea to buy a marker that's company is gone. I'm sure there will be aftermarket
parts for a while? Maybe. Anyways, I'm just not sure how good an idea it is to get this.
- Infinity Legend
great reviews! But, are they going out as well? I've heard they may just be making room for new stock (markers)
but who knows. I'm more inclined to go this route even if they are going out, looks like a solid marker.
My only question is, if I can't manage to buy one while they're liquidating shout I buy it used?
How much risk is there in buying it used? Should I just buy another marker new over buying this used?
- MacDev Drone
what do yall think? Option 3?
Anyways, that's my dilemma! Any insight would be nice, especially seeing how it's now taken me 5 hours to write this... T_T
if yall can think of any good markers I'm not thinking of or missing around those parameters please let me know!
Like I said, this will hold me off for a good while (maybe through the summer? meh) until I get what I really want.
Looking at the Droid RX or an Ego 10... NT looked nice till I saw it has no LCD T_T
but we'll save that for later
tomorrow, erm, today I'm going to go to the pro shop and see about holding some markers for the ergonomics...
HA! take that windows! spell check HATES me! hahahahahaha!!!!! >8D
Well, it's been fun! Time for another quick smoke and I'm off to bed! =D
its 5am! YAY!
I'm also getting an Azodin Kaos Pump
I miss pumps
erm YEAH! BED! Ha
-edit, spelling error... sorry, perfectionist! -