Has the thought of buying a used marker ever crossed your mind? You can get a highend marker for the cost of a new mid/ low end marker and it'll be a much better bang for your buck. I've been playing paintball since I was 11 or 12 and have only purchased 3 brand new markers of the 80+ I've owned. I'll be 23 on Friday... Damn time flies. I'm old now.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.
You'll have fun regardless of your decision. I just like the thought of owning a $1000+ marker from a few years back for $200- $300 used.
The three 870s we have are equipped with pistol grips, 3 point stocks, surefire handles, and side saddles. I think the next investment for mine will be a picatinny rail and some sort of holographic sight and maybe a magazine tube extension.
None of that is really needed... but It'd be kind of cool to have on it to make mine different from the other two.
1) it's a shotgun, imo ideal for home defense with a variety of different loads
2) it's got a built in light in the pump handle (surefire)... if I need it.
3) I'm comfortable with it. I shoot it all the time for Hunting, targets, etc, and I can strip it down with my eyes closed.
4) it holds 7 shells, in case I need to shoot 7 assholes plus a side saddle if I need to reload it or use a different load. Which I can do very quickly now.
5) I trust it more than any of the 50+ guns we have around here.
I've had to bring it out once in the time I've had it for home defense. Nothing really came of that though, more so scared the person off who was attempting to do something insanely stupid. Just luckily for him it was me there that night and not my father lol